Food Monsanto tested GMO wheat 8 years ago and destroyed it. Just found some in Oregon.

The problem isn't with GMOs themselves, its with the company(ies) that produces them. For example, if you don't use Monsanto soybeans and recycle your beans - Monsanto will sue you saying that you are breaking a contract with them by reusing their seeds. It's then up to the small farmers and recyclers to prove in court that they aren't.

:waw:

This is indeed an issue, however there have been many animal studies done that show how the inserted DNA can split off and recombine with your DNA or that if your gut microbes. I believe this is what ASA is talking about.

They are also experimenting with RNA based modifications in Australia. There is speculation that this form of GE will jump easier than DNA based. They have also supposedly found plant crops contaminated with viral RNA that would make the consumer extremely sick/die. Because it would attack via RNA it would attack your body like an autoimmune disease.

This is indeed an issue, however there have been many animal studies done that show how the inserted DNA can split off and recombine with your DNA or that if your gut microbes. I believe this is what ASA is talking about.
Pretty much, yeah. Got a good link talking about it so I can get some groundwork and search on my own?
And any other horribad things that happen

Fuck Monsanto and fuck the fucking politiwhores who sold their anuses to them and passed the Monsanto protection act.

itll take some getting used to, but this isnt genmay, you dont have to attentionwhore to exist. Its an adjustment period.

Can you guys (or anyone) give me some good solid problems with current genetic engineering of crops? Cletus, you mentioned some of the plants can pull in genetic material from other sources and incorporate it?
Soil nutrient depletion from excessive crop growth/yield.
Runaway crops that aren't easily eradicated due to herbicide resistance
Water pollution caused by crops that that produce their own pesticides - monsato "bt" corn made the news for this. Also potential human toxicity...

What do you guys think about round up ready crops? They soak the seeds in round... Shit we are eating is toxic.

They've taken it beyond the limit of what is good IMO.

They are also experimenting with RNA based modifications in Australia. There is speculation that this form of GE will jump easier than DNA based. They have also supposedly found plant crops contaminated with viral RNA that would make the consumer extremely sick/die. Because it would attack via RNA it would attack your body like an autoimmune disease.

You're really suggesting that the DNA from my food is going to enter cells in my body and start combining with mine? I'd love to see the cellular biology behind that. Wait, lemme get my tin foil hat. OK GO!

What do you guys think about round up ready crops? They soak the seeds in round... Shit we are eating is toxic.

They've taken it beyond the limit of what is good IMO.
I think it's a terrible idea, because it enables excessive, indiscriminate use of roundup.

Suppose farmer #1 agent-oranges their fields with roundup, and it rains. Roundup-contaminated water washes out into a stream. Farmer #2 downstream then waters their non-roundup-ready crops with this water... yeah.

Maybe a Frankenstein scenario where GM plant DNA combines with Domon's and we end up with cereal with really big heads and thin stalks so the entire crop falls over in the sliightest breeze leading to worldwide famine.