Food Monsanto tested GMO wheat 8 years ago and destroyed it. Just found some in Oregon.

Fertilization is two steps. The pollen is likely (id have to read up) still viable. The plants themselves are just unable to reproduce (if they inactivated the pollen instead, the plants could still be pollinated with other stock).

Its like a chick who's got her tubes tied, but the dude is still shooting live ammo. Except the plant is a tranny.

prove me wrong, im not certain of that, but i believe thats how non-fertilizing crops work.

You're being hyperbolic. Read what i said above, it still stands.

You've made fantastic arguments as to why Monsanto's practices are unethical and are potentially harmful. Then I believe you've made a leap from Monsanto to GMO in general. Which I find silly at this point.

I have no problem with responsible, scientific GMO.

Monsanto are a bunch of dicks though, and the problem is more related to their ethics and business practices than the science behind it.

apparently i have to quote myself.

Wait, the inability to breed is somehow going to be passed onto the next generation?

I'm... confused.
It is not, hence the farmer who grew second generation GMO soybeans and this mystery wheat. It's the same with the salmon...

Genetically engineered crops/animals have NO place in our food supply (or existing at all really). It has been shown that these random genes recombine at will with DNA from other organisms. Genetically engineered crops have been shown to cause gut microflora to mutate inside our bodies, among other things. GMO salmon were introduced into a test pond and quickly became cannibals, eventually causing all aquatic life in the pond to die off.

I am a huge supporter of hybridization, natural selection has been around for years, hybridizing is only speeding the process selectively. Many fantastic plants/animals have been created this way.

It is not, hence the farmer who grew second generation GMO soybeans and this mystery wheat. It's the same with the salmon...

Genetically engineered crops/animals have NO place in our food supply (or existing at all really). It has been shown that these random genes recombine at will with DNA from other organisms. Genetically engineered crops have been shown to cause gut microflora to mutate inside our bodies, among other things. GMO salmon were introduced into a test pond and quickly became cannibals, eventually causing all aquatic life in the pond to die off.

I am a huge supporter of hybridization, natural selection has been around for years, hybridizing is only speeding the process selectively. Many fantastic plants/animals have been created this way.

Then maybe we should just go back to organic and let half the world die off. Which seems like a great idea until its *your* family that's dying. GMOs are necessary and if done properly have very minimal risk.

Then maybe we should just go back to organic and let half the world die off. Which seems like a great idea until its *your* family that's dying. GMOs are necessary and if done properly have very minimal risk.
GMO organisms were first approved for human consumption in the 1990's. Mankind existed for millennia before this.

Try again.

GMO organisms were first approved for human consumption in the 1990's. Mankind existed for millennia before this.

Try again.

My point is that GMOs vastly increase crop density, meaning we can feed more people, cheaper, and in less space. That's important when we've got almost 7 billion people. Take that away and we need a lot more money and land to feed people. See the problem there?

Nevermind that incidences of food allergies have exploded and nature has found a way to defeat every GM trait introduced.

Just to start:
Bugs are not immune to BT.
Plants are now tolerant of glyphosphate.

Next they want to engineer resistance to Agent Orange. Dousing our food with that sounds delicious, right? How many carcinogens are in it? How many birth defects is it proven to cause? You think the youth of the farming communities will have any luck procreating successfully?

Where do you draw the line? How much damage do we have to cause before we realize that we can work harmoniously with nature to achieve better results over the long run.