Thread Money Women(Or Men) Or Power

I really hope that's just a silly comment. I used to be poor and it was fine. It's not like I'm wealthy now. Just more comfortable. Money really doesn't buy happiness. It's part of our broken culture that makes people believe that.

Zac should post that article he found a while back about how happiness levels off after a certain salary amount. I think it was around 60k.

I really hope that's just a silly comment. I used to be poor and it was fine. It's not like I'm wealthy now. Just more comfortable. Money really doesn't buy happiness. It's part of our broken culture that makes people believe that.

If money can't buy happiness, I'm sure you at least get its generic equivalent.

I already have a man, so check that off. And since I wear the pants around here, I have power. :fly: We're good with money, but who doesn't want to travel WHENEVER they want, and I really just want a white Range Rover.

So, money. :fly:

according to Mitt, I AM poor, and I'm all for self debasement, so....

I already have a man, so check that off. And since I wear the pants around here, I have power. :fly: We're good with money, but who doesn't want to travel WHENEVER they want, and I really just want a white Range Rover.

So, money. :fly:

any other answer from a woman and I'll call them a liar.

I really just want a pretty, white Range Rover, and lots more bracelets. :fly: For now.

I voted for money. I want to live a life were my decisions are not based on whether or not I can afford something.

It never ends:

If I had more money I could be eating steak instead of these shitty ramen noodles.

If I had more money I could be watching a 52" flatscreen instead of this shitty Sanyo tube

If I had more money I could be driving a Benz instead of this shitty Hyundai

If I had more money I could have a live in maid instead of this shitty cleaning service

If I had more money I could have a 100' motor yacht instead of of this shitty 35' sailboat

If I had more money I could have my own personal Gulfstream jet instead of a share of this shitty 80's learjet

etc...

Really? Poor people can't love?

Have you seen relationships between poor people? They are often quagmires of abuse, neglect, and regret. Of course there's an exception to every rule. That goes without saying. But statistically it's very convenient that the poorest people usually have the worst lives across the board. How many homeless people have you seen holding hands and smiling? How many poor children in good health have you seen? For that matter, how many healthy poor adults have you seen? There's a chance love is possible, but health and happiness are the bigger issues here. Neither is cheap.

And yet somehow they have plenty of cigarettes, booze and lotto tickets. Go figure.

Last edited:
It never ends:

If I had more money I could be eating steak instead of these sh*tty ramen noodles.

If I had more money I could be watching a 52" flatscreen instead of this sh*tty Sanyo tube

If I had more money I could be driving a Benz instead of this sh*tty Hyundai

If I had more money I could have a live in maid instead of this sh*tty cleaning service

If I had more money I could have a 100' motor yacht instead of of this sh*tty 35' sailboat

If I had more money I could have my own personal Gulfstream jet instead of a share of this sh*tty 80's learjet

etc...

In an extreme sense perhaps. I can't afford a $750,000 house, but I can afford a $500,000 house. And that's plenty. I don't have to worry about paying rent, or how to put groceries on the table. And my materialism is tempered by common sense. I don't want to own a boat, or a fancy car. I may buy a new Hyundai, because 10 years worth of warranty is awesome. No one wants a live-in maid. They want someone to scrub their shitters and clean the floors and then leave. And I'm not unique by any means. My life is made possible by money and realism. And love, of course, but love doesn't pay bills.

In an extreme sense perhaps. I can't afford a $750,000 house, but I can afford a $500,000 house. And that's plenty. I don't have to worry about paying rent, or how to put groceries on the table. And my materialism is tempered by common sense. I don't want to own a boat, or a fancy car. I may buy a new Hyundai, because 10 years worth of warranty is awesome. No one wants a live-in maid. They want someone to scrub their shitters and clean the floors and then leave. And I'm not unique by any means. My life is made possible by money and realism. And love, of course, but love doesn't pay bills.

You missed my point. I highlighted the part of your reply that illustrates my point by being untrue for most.

It never ends:

If I had more money I could be eating steak instead of these shitty ramen noodles.

If I had more money I could be watching a 52" flatscreen instead of this shitty Sanyo tube

If I had more money I could be driving a Benz instead of this shitty Hyundai

If I had more money I could have a live in maid instead of this shitty cleaning service

If I had more money I could have a 100' motor yacht instead of of this shitty 35' sailboat

If I had more money I could have my own personal Gulfstream jet instead of a share of this shitty 80's learjet

etc...

Its not really about if I could buy ... its if I could work a job that makes me happy for 20k a year then I would do it in a heartbeat. Instead of corporate hell.