Pics MMS Thred v.3 (with free noodles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
06-29-2013_8830_IMG_0918.jpg

Y'all arguing over fast food fries... no such good thing as a good fast food fry. They take sliced potatoes straight from the bag and throw them in a fryer, and that's never gonna make good fries.

These are good fries:

XTe7tmf.jpg

These particular specimens come from Ziggy Peelgoods in St. John's, but pretty much every good fish and chip joint or pub in newfoundland makes them the same way. How to make 'em:

- Get some russet potatoes.
- Wash them, don't peel them, and slice them into fries.
- Soak them in a bucket of water overnight to de-starch them a bit, and let a bit of water absorb into the outside.
- Take them out of the water, shake as much water as you can off them (don't dab them dry or anything) and throw them in the fryer.
- Fry until they're half done. Take them out, let them cool.
- Put them back in the fryer to finish.

You'll need a decent sized fryer, or to cook small batches of fries. Otherwise adding the wet fries drop the temperature of the fryer too much.

I'll have to get the fryer temperature off the gf when she gets home. She cooked in various bars for 10 years and makes the best fries on the planet.

Last edited:
The other secret: use old oil. Brand new oil makes shitty fries, wait for the oil to turn a nice tan color. If it gets too brown, change the oil but keep/filter some of the old oil.

I'm dogsitting a husky/border-collie cross for a friend. It's nuts crossed with hyperactive, it's been here for 4-5 hours and it's still running around nonstop. First non-blurry picture I managed to grab.

Status
Not open for further replies.