Ontopic Mission to Uranus

In space, everything looks psychedelic.

totally

6jEwzTv.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum and nukes
Oh ya, she should be moving down here in the next couple weeks from NC and is on TriCare in her third trimester. Would you be able to recommend an OB or hospital? My ob/gyn stopped taking TriCare (Women's Care of FL).

@Ledboots

Tampa General. She could go to USF Health OB/GYN, they take late transfers (and Tricare) and do trial of labor for women with previous c sections if it is medically safe. I like their docs and midwives.

St Joe Women's is prettier, but they don't do trial of labor very successfully (or often) for c section moms. And no midwives at St Joes.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Oh ya, she should be moving down here in the next couple weeks from NC and is on TriCare in her third trimester. Would you be able to recommend an OB or hospital? My ob/gyn stopped taking TriCare (Women's Care of FL).

@Ledboots
Also she should make her appointment asap, as there are a zillion pregnant women right now, and they are having trouble getting into an OB.

• Gravy
Tampa General. She could go to USF Health OB/GYN, they take late transfers (and Tricare) and do trial of labor for women with previous c sections if it is medically safe. I like their docs and midwives.

St Joe Women's is prettier, but they don't do trial of labor very successfully (or often) for c section moms. And no midwives at St Joes.
Tampa General is #1 then USF?

St. Joseph's messed up my friends epidural recently so a little on the fence about them.

Thanks for the input. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Tampa General is #1 then USF?

St. Joseph's messed up my friends epidural recently so a little on the fence about them.

Thanks for the input. :)
Usf Health is an OB group that delivers at Tampa General. Lots of other doctors do too, I just know for sure that USFH takes Tricare, and use evidence-based and all that because-- medical students. Sorry for all the overwhelmingness of this hospital crap

• Gravy
Yes!!! It's unbelievable, really. Cesareans are the most commonly performed surgery on females, as well. Just a couple of weeks ago, in Grand Rounds we had a fantastic speaker whose name I forget, who did a great presentation about his study on this very topic.

It's shocking how many c sections are done in the US, really, and the fact that for-profit hospitals do SO many MORE of them is just indefensible. The physicians don't make more money for a c section than they do a vaginal delivery, but the hospital sure does. This (extremely easy to look at ;)) doctor presenting said the reason pointed to fear of lawsuits. Cesareans have become safer legally than vag births in some twisted ass logic.

Women need to look at the c section rates in the hospitals in their areas (can vary from less than 20% to 50% or even higher). They need to choose the hospital and then find out which doctors deliver there. Most women tend to choose the doc or midwife and go to the hospital where that provider has privileges.

The good news is that things seem to be turning around. It's a clusterfuck at this point.
If I hadn't had a midwife or had gotten an epidural on my last one I could see it have turning into a c section. She was sunny side up and I was in labor for a day and a half cause she wouldn't turn. Luckily I had midwives that were willing to both be patient and use their experience to help flip the baby.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and Ledboots