Ontopic Mission to Uranus

Yes!!! It's unbelievable, really. Cesareans are the most commonly performed surgery on females, as well. Just a couple of weeks ago, in Grand Rounds we had a fantastic speaker whose name I forget, who did a great presentation about his study on this very topic.

It's shocking how many c sections are done in the US, really, and the fact that for-profit hospitals do SO many MORE of them is just indefensible. The physicians don't make more money for a c section than they do a vaginal delivery, but the hospital sure does. This (extremely easy to look at ;)) doctor presenting said the reason pointed to fear of lawsuits. Cesareans have become safer legally than vag births in some twisted ass logic.

Women need to look at the c section rates in the hospitals in their areas (can vary from less than 20% to 50% or even higher). They need to choose the hospital and then find out which doctors deliver there. Most women tend to choose the doc or midwife and go to the hospital where that provider has privileges.

The good news is that things seem to be turning around. It's a clusterfuck at this point.
Ugh, well that sucks. Thanks for the insight. Not that I need it, but my sis may as she's about to pop.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I wonder how the hell they figured all this out.

dA366T9.jpg

Considering they listed "FTL drive" for the sublight cylon raider and sublight engines for the death star in the FTL section I doubt they did more than a cursory google of each.

Considering they listed "FTL drive" for the sublight cylon raider and sublight engines for the death star in the FTL section I doubt they did more than a cursory google of each.

That's what I was thinking too. That image needs some annotated footnotes.

I guess I expect too much of the internet in hoping that some math nerd with a scifi fetish and too much time on his hands did some crazy ass computations to validate that image.

Yes, the corporations manipulated every single one of the thousands of surveys done. Probably the same ones that faked the moon landing, right @Duke!?!?!?!?

1) Not every survey predicted a trump loss or brexit fail. Just the polls most prominently used by the most highly followed news organizations.

2) The moon landing actually happened

That's what I was thinking too. That image needs some annotated footnotes.

I guess I expect too much of the internet in hoping that some math nerd with a scifi fetish and too much time on his hands did some crazy ass computations to validate that image.

That wouldn't surprise me but I wouldn't go to fat wallet for my nerd information.

Advise her to avoid having labor induced if possible. There's a higher chance of a CS when induced
It's her second and she had to have a c-section the first time. My mom also had all three c-sections... something about how the baby won't fit down the canal due to hips or whatever, even though we all have child bearing-sized hips. :lol:

But she really wants a natural birth and is sad that it most likely won't happen this time either.

• Gravy
Oh ya, she should be moving down here in the next couple weeks from NC and is on TriCare in her third trimester. Would you be able to recommend an OB or hospital? My ob/gyn stopped taking TriCare (Women's Care of FL).

@Ledboots

• Gravy