Ontopic Mission to Uranus

you should read a fucking book.
Not really. A dynamo is pretty much the exact same setup as the motor you'd find in an RC car. There are a lot of home-brewed generators using windmills or water wheels that spin the motor from a treadmill or something similar. Dad is making one right now, actually.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
the needs are vastly different for 10k people left alive. You dont need the huge scale production.

well yeah but we're talking about what it would take to get humanity back to its current point of being a space faring civilization

at least that's what I'm talking about. to me the main goal in this is to allow humanity to spread out among the stars instead of eventually dying a one planet species

We could hire Bhuddist monks to transcribe all of Wikipedia on paper and set up an archive in Virginia.
That's right
The
Library
Of
Alexandria
I'm not sure I care whether or not the monks archive all the sexual position articles written (badly) by neckbeards that desperately wish they could find someone whose name didn't end in ".com" to engage in it with.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
Also, that book apparently sucks

What I was looking for was a book about 'how to rebuild our world from scratch'.
A series of 'this is how to build a fire', 'this is how to identify iron-bearing rocks', 'this is how to smelt iron', 'this is how to build a steam engine, etc.

The book instead is a series of chapters describing problems that one facing the rebuilding of civilization would face with no solutions. For example it describes how post-1800s farming requires industrial nitrogen fixing and how not having that is an issue, without providing a solution.

This book is a good starting point for research, but is not what I was hoping for.