GAY Merry Christmas you Useless Retards

Are you kidding me, my whole sexual fantasies are based on this forum.:hi2u:
Yer-bugger, they are.
DSC_0008.JPG

• Gravy
Reactions: MacG
Oh boy, bad genes eh?

How did she pass away if you don't mind me asking?
Cervical cancer. So not a type that is considered a big genetic risk factor. She also ignored symptoms and didn't go to the doctor regularly so that didn't help. By the time it wss found it was too late to do anything really.

Most everyone else in my family lives to their late 80s to late 90s it seems.

Cervical cancer. So not a type that is considered a big genetic risk factor. She also ignored symptoms and didn't go to the doctor regularly so that didn't help. By the time it wss found it was too late to do anything really.

Most everyone else in my family lives to their late 80s to late 90s it seems.
Have you gotten your HPV vaccine???

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
My family has a history of longevity. All late 80's and into the 90's. Although we do have a history of losing our minds some years before our bodies. It's gonna be fun.

Have you gotten your HPV vaccine???
It came out after I got married. So no, it wasn't suggested for my by my GYN. But since you are acting like you care, I get a pap yearly. (yes that was said for the ick factor more than anything else :p)

Last edited:
It came out after I got married. So no, it wasn't suggested for my by my GYN. But since you are acting like you care, I get a pap yearly. (yes that was said for the ick factor more than anything else :p)
Isn't it probably worth it in case you come in contact with it at some point? Also, I wonder what its effectiveness is if you already have a strain.

My family has a history of longevity. All late 80's and into the 90's. Although we do have a history of losing our minds some years before our bodies. It's gonna be fun.

If I can hit 62, I'll be the oldest living Strings family male in a very long time. Knowing some of my aunts, my uncles died because they wanted to.

Isn't it probably worth it in case you come in contact with it at some point? Also, I wonder what its effectiveness is if you already have a strain.

When it first came out the docs said it wasn't good for women over a certain again. I know they changed it some but I think it's still age restricted.

I checked and the original age for the shot was 17-26. I know it was expanded I just don't know to what yet.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been told it wasn't worth it to get it at that point in my life (I was in my early 30s when it came out and already had given birth by then). It's very likely I would have been exposed to HPV in earlier years of my life. Plus HPV isn't the only cause of cervical cancer, so I feel safer just getting my yearly check ups. Slightly annoyed that they are saying to only get pap smears every 2-3 years, but my doctor is cool and knows I feel better doing it yearly. But again the genetic link is not really there, environmental factors (like sexual activity) matters more for cervical cancer risks.

FTR the vaccine does not stop cervical cancer, just protects you against the HPV virus which causes like 70-80% of cervical cancers, so if you've had it, it's pointless to get. Most don't know when they get it though.

I will have to ask my son's ped when they recommend giving it. It's recommended for both boys and girls now. I want to say pre-teens but can't recall.

Yeah, I've been told it wasn't worth it to get it at that point in my life (I was in my early 30s when it came out and already had given birth by then). It's very likely I would have been exposed to HPV in earlier years of my life. Plus HPV isn't the only cause of cervical cancer, so I feel safer just getting my yearly check ups. Slightly annoyed that they are saying to only get pap smears every 2-3 years, but my doctor is cool and knows I feel better doing it yearly. But again the genetic link is not really there, environmental factors (like sexual activity) matters more for cervical cancer risks.

I will have to ask my son's ped when they recommend giving it. It's recommended for both boys and girls now. I want to say pre-teens but can't recall.
current quality metrics are looking for the set to be completed before 13th birthday

current quality metrics are looking for the set to be completed before 13th birthday
I'm sure next year he'll tell me at the check up if he's getting it when he's 11, 12 or 13. We're getting one booster at his next annual appointment, but I know it isn't the HPV vaccine yet.

a vaccine won't help against a strain if you already have it but the vaccines are multi-valent so it would protect against other strains as you can get more than one

most HPV screening either tests for all of the high risk strains in one test and if it comes back positive they can find the specific genotype, or some separate it by 16, 18, and then others as one result.

recommendations for paps and HPV testing is *at least* every 3 years between 21-64, or at least every 5 years between 30-64 if contested with HPV, but obviously if you have a hx of abnormals or a family hx you can and should be tested more often like @helenabear does.

for wee kiddos, it's something like before their 2nd birthday, at least: 4 DTaP, 3 Hep B, 1 Hep A 3 HiB, 3 IPV, 4 Pneumococcal, 2-3 rotavirus depending on monovalent vs pentavalent, 1 MMR, 1 Varicella

probably tdap
Yep, we're just happy we're down to one shot like that. The babyhood and toddler shot schedule wasn't fun.

a vaccine won't help against a strain if you already have it but the vaccines are multi-valent so it would protect against other strains as you can get more than one

most HPV screening either tests for all of the high risk strains in one test and if it comes back positive they can find the specific genotype, or some separate it by 16, 18, and then others as one result.

recommendations for paps and HPV testing is *at least* every 3 years between 21-64, or at least every 5 years between 30-64 if contested with HPV, but obviously if you have a hx of abnormals or a family hx you can and should be tested more often like @helenabear does.
Actually the family history really doesn't matter with this. Truly they say that any family connection is environmental and not due to any type of genetics. My doctor also does it because she's always done it that way. If insurances stopped paying for it, I'm sure she'd find some way around it, but it was every year for so long that she felt there was no need to change, making me feel better is just a bonus.