Management Sucks

Candy

Flaccid Member
Jun 10, 2005
In a house with a Purple Room
Marklar
₥0
I hope this meets content requirements, and I am not saying that to be a smartass; I promise. I just don't want to bore anyone with my bitching about work but I think shawndavid has had enough.

I'm going ot try and make this short.

Before my Service Manager became the Service Manager, he was issued uniforms like every other technician. They sign waivers when hired, stating that the uniforms are rented from an outside company, and that if they do not turn them in upon termination, etc - they would be responsible to pay for the uniforms at $22.00 per pant, and $19 per shirt. Keep in mind this is an outside uniform company who charges my company when uniforms are not turned in. Anyhow, this guy was promoted awhile back and no longer is required to wear the uniforms; just a Polo with the compnay logo on it (which we purchased for him to KEEP) and whatever pants he would like. I have been hounding him to turn the old uniforms in so that we would not have to continue to pay the monthly rental rate on them @ $7.00 per week; which finally he did.

Series of email went like this:

-----Original Message-----

>From: <xxxx> (Insert my name here)
>To: <xxxxx>
>Subject: Uniforms
>Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:03:16 -0400
>
>xxxx,
>
>You are missing 6 pairs of pants, and two shirts. See what you can
>find at home so they dont charge you/us.
>
>Thanks
>
>A

His response:

Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:19 AM
To: xxx (ME)
Subject: RE: Uniforms

thats because i have framed one shirt and pants and the others i made a big bon fire and did the forbidden dance while they were burning. and finally the last shirt is on some old drunk chic from katmando we traded for a bag of rice and a mule so i feel good about the trade u can bill me:)

And Mine:

Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 8:36 AM
To: xxx
Cc: xxx
Subject: FW: Uniforms

OK, whatever you want... Hehe : - )

So.....

Today he got his paycheck and there was a deduction for $120.00 for uniforms. He threw a fit in front of his subordinates, and bitched me out in front of about 4 people like I'm taking this fucking uniform money and buying the latest Steve Madden shoes with it. My boss is on vacation for a month; and technically I am his boss, but I coulden't just fire him without authorization or a replacement for that matter.

I sent him a nasty email back. WTF? Anyone in a position if management have problems like this? This is a person who has NO problem calling himspef a "Team Player" and making it seem to others under him as if he is the hardest worker, always going to extra mile, etc. I'm disgusted.

Tell him another outburst like that and he's fired, and if he doesn't grow up in the next 5 minutes he's demoted.

Well you have the email from him So if he bitches even more, just forward the email to HR and see how he feels about that.

And I've never been in management......yet

Does he still have the uniforms? Tell him if he addresses you in that manner again he will be wearing them to work everyday.

Will your company pay him the money back if he turns in the uniform now?

Coqui said:
Well you have the email from him So if he bitches even more, just forward the email to HR and see how he feels about that.

And I've never been in management......yet

Funny!!! there is NO HR at this company.

And I bet I can guess who this 'fine specimen of a human' is :fly: :fly:

Aim - let him know there is no I in Team!! :fly:

gottoys? said:
Funny!!! there is NO HR at this company.

And I bet I can guess who this 'fine specimen of a human' is :fly: :fly:

Aim - let him know there is no I in Team!! :fly:

No HR, wow must be a small company.

No I in Team but there's an M E

You should have just laughed at him. That would be the best way to deal with it. That makes him look like a total fool and pisses him off, leaving you in total control.

b_sinning said:
Does he still have the uniforms? Tell him if he addresses you in that manner again he will be wearing them to work everyday.

Will your company pay him the money back if he turns in the uniform now?

Yes. I told him that in person and he's like: "What the fuck do you think I want with them... I bring in a half a million dollars a year and you guys are worried about uniforms"

Now he says he's sorry and handled it in the wrong way. Gee, ya think???

fly said:
That makes him look like a total fool and pisses him off, leaving you in total control.

Ha - fly must not know this person. He is a FOOL and loves to PISS people off.:fly:

Candy said:
Yes. I told him that in person and he's like: "What the fuck do you think I want with them... I bring in a half a million dollars a year and you guys are worried about uniforms"

Now he says he's sorry and handled it in the wrong way. Gee, ya think???

Who is this? I'ts not who I think it is.....is it? Can S be that stupid?

Always stick with "It's not me, it's standard policy. Check you're employee handbook, if you have one. I will gladly help you fix the situation once you do your part in bring in the uniforms like we asked."

Bubbles said:
It's a family company. Amy's family owns all three of them, and she is HR.

Yes. We are a fairly small company so we employ a leasing company for payroll, etc. They have an HR department that we utilize for advice, laws, etc. but I am the primary decision maker (except for this particular person) when it comes to hiring/firing/etc.

Candy said:
Yes. We are a fairly small company so we employ a leasing company for payroll, etc. They have an HR department that we utilize for advice, laws, etc. but I am the primary decision maker (except for this particular person) when it comes to hiring/firing/etc.

I like the 'demotion' idea - for bad attitude. :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Haha, so he's a manager too?

He should be demoted merely for having a hissy like that in front of his own employees.

I agree, and it will be addressed. It really ruins morale to hear someone throw a fit first thing in the morning.

Part of the problem is that we are a service business. Many of our employees do not have education at all, unless it is a trade. Many of them lack the professionalism you gain when you work in Corporate America as I have in the past. It frusterates me to no end to deal with small minded, uneducated individuals who could care less about anything else but getting their paycheck on Friday and going to the bar.

Not every person who works here has that attitude, but most of them do. They don't care about advancement, but always want advances, handouts, etc. Then they turn around and bitch about how shitty you are to them, and how hard you make them work.

fly said:
Exactly. The laughing shows that he doesn't have the power to piss you off. ie. you win

That would have been the thing to do; instead I asked him who he thought should pay for them and he couldent give me a straight answer just bitch about it.

I sent another email that I left off the post pretty much telling him where he can shove his uniforms, but I thought it was too personal to post all over the internet. WTF should I care? He diesnt care about disrespecting me in front of a room full of people! :tard:

b_sinning said:
Always stick with "It's not me, it's standard policy. Check you're employee handbook, if you have one. I will gladly help you fix the situation once you do your part in bring in the uniforms like we asked."

We do have a handbook, and a form signed by the employee stating that they have to pay if they don't turn them in. I told him that since we charge everyone else, why would he be any different?

No answer to that one either. :(

He says, well the uniform compnay must have lost them when they swaped them out (the compnay comes in every week and picks up the uniforms and washes them; he NEVER had them washed (I know for a fact because all he did was bitch that they use too much starch) and Cintas is nationwide and I have never had a problem where they lost 6 pairs of pants. I told him to call them if he thought that. He says "I guess I should have kept better track of them."

Last edited:
Candy said:
Not every person who works here has that attitude, but most of them do. They don't care about advancement, but always want advances, handouts, etc. Then they turn around and bitch about how shitty you are to them, and how hard you make them work.

It's BECAUSE it is a family owned business and Pete and you treat them more like friends (which they actually are after all these years) then unattached employees. It's that fine line ..........