Thread Malt Whisky, yes that's no 'e' and Scottish only

I say we all go on a mans trek up to crash tre's house and all drink copious amounts of fine scotch for a few days.

liquor costs more here, so hit up the duty free on the way.

goddamn liquor taxes paying for our free healthcare.

I'm totally in on this £3k whisky deal btw, sounds like a good investment.

Here's the plan. 8 people putting in £200 now gets a cask set aside for 10 year. My idea is to have it transferred to an interesting cask (port,rum,sherry) for 2-3 years after that before paying duty/vat and bottling. Total cost for 25 bottles of cask strength each is around £21 per bottle. Have a contract of ownership drawn up between the 8 parties and then you've got 27 bottles each worth arounf £50 a bottle. Sell 100 bottles to recoup the costs and have 15 bottles each left over free and clear. Maybe do that every other year with a different distillery.

Here's the plan. 8 people putting in £200 now gets a cask set aside for 10 year. My idea is to have it transferred to an interesting cask (port,rum,sherry) for 2-3 years after that before paying duty/vat and bottling. Total cost for 25 bottles of cask strength each is around £21 per bottle. Have a contract of ownership drawn up between the 8 parties and then you've got 27 bottles each worth arounf £50 a bottle. Sell 100 bottles to recoup the costs and have 15 bottles each left over free and clear. Maybe do that every other year with a different distillery.

This sounds like a good plan, I'm in. Now we just need 6 other people. :fly: