Making wine from scratch

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
So my sister and bro-in-law has a bunch of grapes and we thought it would be cool to make some wine.

If course being a n00b, I thought all you needed to do was to juice the grapes in some way, put some wine yeast in a bottle, put a balloon on the top of the jar, and that's it. When the balloon is inflated for a while, then the gases have escaped from the fermentation process and not been put into the wine and you are done.

From wiki-ing, it looks mega complicated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winemaking

Anyone ever make wine? Crush grapes? Anything?

My roommates and I did a few wine kits during college and we made some powerful stuff. It wasn't the best tasting but after a glass you were drunk enough that it started tasting good. I still remember the hangover being super bad. I'm sure that level of a hangover would probably kill me now.

this is common knowledge to me as i am multiple parts french, as well as my penis being totally immersed in france.

2 fruits, one cup we could call it

Oh I really like that. For some reason, the vine of grapes we are using have red AND white varieties on it, inexplicably. Same grape (concord), but different colors. And yes both colors were ripe at the time.

Two fruits, one cup totally makes sense.

I tried brewing beer once, and decided it was far more work than I was willing to go to when I could just go to the store for a sixpack.

This. It would be pretty damn cool to invent a kick ass brew, but I assume all possible varieties and flavors have been invented by now so why bother.

because women can see the % content on a store-bought beer

you should be all over this you simon lebon lookalike