Thread Lost

No. He said everything that happened on the island was real.

It was only the sideways universe that was purgatory. The island itself, and all that happened on it, really happened.

Which is why Hurley told Ben he was a good #2. Because they stayed on the island and protected it until they died long later.,

Which is why Kate told Jack she missed him. She left the island in the plane, and lived her life. She died long after jack.

Which is why Ben sat outside the church. He still had things to atone for.

Which is less lame? Dismissing the series as a really boring view of purgatory, or wading through all of that other shit and trying to make sense of it?

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/lost_finale_proves_never_trust.html

Which is less lame? Dismissing the series as a really boring view of purgatory, or wading through all of that other shit and trying to make sense of it?

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/05/lost_finale_proves_never_trust.html

Oh, I didn't say I liked it. In fact, I expected a cop out ending that didn't explain much about the island further than Gaia kidnapping two newborns and using them to keep her company, and one trying to kill the other and turning him into the smoke monster.

Lost is what happens when you try to turn an M. Night Shyamalan story into a weekly money factory. You end up with a clusterfuck of Bible stories, time travel, and glowing corks.

I'm good with how it ended... A lot of people were pissed with the BSG ending, the Sopranos ending, and now the Lost ending. Maybe this is just the anger stage of grief that the show is over? I just don't understand what folks expect, I mean for me the ending was true to the show and I'm satisfied with it. I liked how things tied back to the first episode and first season, for me things made it full circle and there was closure for a lot of things. I don't feel it was a cop out at all. :confused:

Either I am making things up in my head, which is entirely possible as I watched the finale this morning at 5am or I think many folks missed a lot of stuff because people are complaining about things I thought were clearly debunked already..? The island wasn't purgatory, nor was it a dream, that all really happened....

I know that's not precisely what it was but it sounds just about as bad

if you haven't watched the show, sure

the of sopranos was the family sitting in a diner while meadow tries to park a car. if you haven't watched the show it sounds pretty fucking stupid

Psshhh let the haters hate. I've had 6 seasons worth of :shifty: :eek: :egads: :mad: and more, and now this ending. I'm good with it, I'm okay with it being over now. I'm a little glad it's over now and that theres a finality to it because I really don't think I could make it another season.

:fly:

I think the big problem is that the ending doesn't really explain much. It just brings closure.

That's what it was supposed to do. It would have been nice had it explained a few things but some people view the closure of the characters are more important. Me, I didn't care either way. Despite having watched every single episode since it started I haven't been nearly as invested as some people. I've browsed lostpedia every now and then to figure out something odd but I never played the ARGs or formed a theory for everything going on. I had one about the flash sideways but it was short...

Eh, I guess it's just nice knowing the show is over. I'm going to bet they will authorize some kind of expanded universe or companion book or something that'll do some explaining of the mysteries. If so I'll check it out, if not I'll probably forget about it soon enough.

Maybe one day when I'm old I'll watch the entire run with someone that's never seen it before.

i got about 2 episodes into the second season and said 'fuck this. more questions, never a god damn answer'. they admitted the show was never supposed to be picked up after the first season, so they had no idea where to go with it. That's also why they set the definitive date way back then of when the entire series would end.

then i listened for 4 more seasons as every bitched about the current stuff going on in lost... same complaints, more questions, never an answer.

now thats it over, i'm glad I quit while i was a head.

and the sopranos ending was uneventfull and anticlimatic, everyone expected a big shootout and everyone getting killed or something, but came to terms that life just went on as normal for the family after the cameras stopped rolling... turned out to be a pretty good ending.