Look what you're effing missin'!

OK, no more shopping talk back to cars:

Does anyone know what an intake manifold is? I have been informed that I was losing roughly a gallon of water a day out of my freeze plugs. After they fixed the plugs, they pressure tested the system again and found an additional leak inthe intake manifold. The guy used a sealant and is going to watch the car overnight, but if the sealant doesn't work he will have to replace a gasket in the manifold. He says replacing the gasket will be extensive labor......this sounds expensive. :(

Bubbles said:

Does anyone know what an intake manifold is? I have been informed that I was losing roughly a gallon of water a day out of my freeze plugs. After they fixed the plugs, they pressure tested the system again and found an additional leak inthe intake manifold. The guy used a sealant and is going to watch the car overnight, but if the sealant doesn't work he will have to replace a gasket in the manifold. He says replacing the gasket will be extensive labor......this sounds expensive. :(

i took everything in/on/around my intake manifold apart the one time i tried ambien. my intake manifold also cracked once and i had to have it replaced. ford, in all their wisdom, decided to to make it out of a composite. the replacement was not, almost like they noticed they were having problems and fixed it later down the road. i just got a letter in the mail last month about a class action lawsuit for the problem. supposedly when it is settled, i will be reimbursed for the repair. i believe the letter said the end of this month.

oh and it cost me about 700-800 bucks to have it replaced

Last edited:
Bubbles said:

btw, i fail to see how the sealant could hold without taking it apart...

Bubbles said:
The $700-$800 is what scares me.

I wonder if I have one of faulty manifolds.....hmmmmm.

Mine's a 98 mustang, what year or model was your problem.

97 crown victoria

Bubbles said:
Just called her. She didn't answer, which means SD's home from work or she's painting. Left her a message to remember the USB thingy tomorrow.

She is fired! :D

Edit: Why don't you have any pictures :p

Last edited: