lent

Always rather assumed it... When it is talked about in other languages though there are seperate words for 'the flesh of mammals' and 'fish'. 'Meat' in english is like... It's like how we don't have a gender neutral word for 'cow' or 'bull'. The closest thing there is is 'cattle'.

yeah, I understand the etymology behind it and it does make sense

Still, I make fun of the girl that used to work here that claims to still be vegetarian despite eating fish because fish != meat.

No, Catholics (and the rest of the Christian denominations) prefer to focus on the New Testament. The Old was just a collection of stories but the rules of which do not have to be followed, only Jesus.

It was a prequel with better special effects, nothing more.
Seeing as they are 'Christians' and broke from the Jewish church that makes sense... My point was Catholic dogma is not rooted in literal bible readings. Even fasting has changed A LOT over the centuries based on Canon Law. Before the council of Trent; Catholics werent allowed to eat meat on Wensday, Thursday and Friday, all year.

:nevx3: kooks, every last one :gayo:

really though wicca is probably a lot more misunderstood than islam because at least there are a billions muslims out there that understand their own religion properly...wicca is a koolaid packet or two from being deemed a cult again :pandora:

:lol: Well everyone except the Christians still consider Christianity nothing more than a cult.

Seeing as they are 'Christians' and broke from the Jewish church that makes sense... My point was Catholic dogma is not rooted in literal bible readings. Even fasting has changed A LOT over the centuries based on Canon Law. Before the council of Trent; Catholics werent allowed to eat meat on Wensday, Thursday and Friday, all year.

indeed

even funnier are the mormons. catholics don't pay too close attention to the bible but at least they don't make up brand new books on a whim :lol:

I think I'm making it a point to offend everyone on this forum in this thread :D flying spaghetti monster FTW

:lol: Well everyone except the Christians still consider Christianity nothing more than a cult.

and it damn near stayed that way :eek:

though technically all religion, regardless of membership size, length, or practices meets just about all the literal definitions of a cult. but at least muslims, jews and hindus have a huge backing. I don't think the folks fighting a holy war consider it a cult conflict :p

and it damn near stayed that way :eek:

though technically all religion, regardless of membership size, length, or practices meets just about all the literal definitions of a cult. but at least muslims, jews and hindus have a huge backing. I don't think the folks fighting a holy war consider it a cult conflict :p

Well, hindus think everyone who believes in a god, any god, is a hindu, so they're a little more accepting.

really though wicca is probably a lot more misunderstood than islam because at least there are a billions muslims out there that understand their own religion properly...wicca is a koolaid packet or two from being deemed a cult again :pandora:

Wicca suffers the stigma of the high school/college goth types 'practicing it' because it's 'cool' and part of their lifestyle.

There ARE a good number of serious folks out there.

Paganism suffers the stigma of being associated with devil worship by many people, but I'd wager there are far more serious practitioners of various forms of paganism than wicca.

yeah but they won't eat cows so fuck that

I can't be jewish, muslim or hindu because bacon cheeseburgers > eternal salvation

:lol:

Well what about my brother finding Jesus and saying, "I'll never eat swine again"

This is the kid who used to eat raw bacon.

Wicca suffers the stigma of the high school/college goth types 'practicing it' because it's 'cool' and part of their lifestyle.

There ARE a good number of serious folks out there.

Paganism suffers the stigma of being associated with devil worship by many people, but I'd wager there are far more serious practitioners of various forms of paganism than wicca.

oh god I hate goths. I hate hate hate goths. fucking useless individuals that talk about being individuals yet they dress exactly alike

:rolleyes: genuine wiccans and pagans I can take seriously but goths are fucking retarded and completely ruined me on Vampire: The Masquerade :(

:lol:

Well what about my brother finding Jesus and saying, "I'll never eat swine again"

This is the kid who used to eat raw bacon.

yeah seriously. he's picking and choosing his passages like the durka durkas that justify their bullshit with the koran

Of the "beasts of the earth" (which basically refers to land mammals with the exception of swarming rodents), you may eat any animal that has cloven hooves and chews its cud. Lev. 11:3; Deut. 14:6. Any land mammal that does not have both of these qualities is forbidden. The Torah specifies that the camel, the rock badger, the hare and the pig are not kosher because each lacks one of these two qualifications. Sheep, cattle, goats, deer and bison are kosher.

that reminds me, the last episode of my name is earl showed earl peeing on his parents living room rug while drunk and it made me think of steve :lol:

yeah seriously. he's picking and choosing his passages like the durka durkas that justify their bullshit with the koran

that reminds me, the last episode of my name is earl showed earl peeing on his parents living room rug while drunk and it made me think of steve :lol:

1. Parents' bedroom door

2. Linen closet

3. Laundry room

:nevx3: kooks, every last one :gayo:

Oh hell no . . . you have no clue what you're talking about.

oh god I hate goths. I hate hate hate goths. fucking useless individuals that talk about being individuals yet they dress exactly alike

:rolleyes: genuine wiccans and pagans I can take seriously but goths are fucking retarded and completely ruined me on Vampire: The Masquerade :(

That was a very [individual] original comment. :fly:

Oh hell no . . . you have no clue what you're talking about.
of course I don't :lol: because I don't care. Lords of Kobol > any earthly religion :cool:

That was a very [individual] original comment. :fly:

individuality.jpg