Leaving, on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again

They said it was too deep to superglue

That's way too deep to superglue, and I don't expect butterflies will keep it closed long or tight enough to prevent infection. I would head to an urgent care and get that sutured up. Not an ER, an urgent care. Do they have those up there?

Wait, I just saw the Group Health comment. What the hell does it mean when a wound is too long to stitch? That's what stitches are for. Have they ever heard of surgical procedures? :fly:

Wait, I just saw the Group Health comment. What the hell does it mean when a wound is too long to stitch? That's what stitches are for. Have they ever heard of surgical procedures? :fly:

The wound had been open and untreated for too long. After 3-4 hours, they won't stitch it up because of the risk of sealing in an infection. It is butterflied, tagaderm over that to keep it dry, and the index finger is imobilized so that the wound doesn't move so it has a chance to heal up.

The wound had been open and untreated for too long. After 3-4 hours, they won't stitch it up because of the risk of sealing in an infection. It is butterflied, tagaderm over that to keep it dry, and the index finger is imobilized so that the wound doesn't move so it has a chance to heal up.

Plus by then it's already started to heal, and you'd then be sealing in necrotic tissue, or something, trying to remember what an ER doc told me once.

Is it your jerk off hand?