Ontopic Ladies:

TIL you're before your current GF, you were a virgin at dating someone in the service industry.

You're lucky she's not a stripper. :D

the green eyed monster will eat you alive. lololz
i have no idea what you just said.

It makes zero sense.

At my last job, this dude got all the chicks purse hangers and all the dudes ties.

He's only 35 so its not even like a generational mistake. it was just weird.

Can you say the first sentence over again?

And luck has nothing to do with the second part. Dating a stripper doesn't appeal to me.

At my last job, this dude got all the chicks purse hangers and all the dudes ties.

why is that weird?

Men dont carry purses, and women dont wear ties

Haha.

Last year some guy got my girlfriend a cat poster because he overheard her talking about liking cats. We both thought it was weird. But that would make Ape wet, I know.

i have no idea what you just said.

It makes zero sense.

it's OK. It would be tough for you to understand that successful service industry people are very outgoing and that personality gets routinely misinterpreted for affection on a minute by minute basis.

Your waiter, busboy, bar tender, room service clerk, restaurant manager, stripper, banquet manager, everyone - isn't being nice to you because they like you. They want your $. They're going to deliver the best possible product in the most friendly way to get you to spend $$ there. It's not personal. It gets mistaken for 'personal' all the time.

Just like - wait for it - if you go to a strip club, she DOESN'T like you. She wants your $. It's a business transaction & there's a whole bunch of business transactions waiting in the chairs and barstools around the room. The guy 'floor managers' are transactions too. they flirt with the managers so they get the best spots in the place.

& the green eyed monster = jealousy.

I worked in the service industry for about 5 yrs. it was a 5 year party, & I wouldn't want a committed relationship with anyone in it. It's a right of passage.

Last edited:
have you been drinking sir?

Im going to have to ask you to step out of the forum.

DUDE! I'm not explaining the entire service industry. 'product' = food, alcohol, hotel room, conference room, environment to spend your money, 34DD's, etc! capisce?

edit: LOL. I edited out the y in delivery. . . .before i saw your post.

it's friday, and it's after 5.

Last edited:
it's OK. It would be tough for you to understand that successful service industry people are very outgoing and that personality gets routinely misinterpreted for affection on a minute by minute basis.

Your waiter, busboy, bar tender, room service clerk, restaurant manager, stripper, banquet manager, everyone - isn't being nice to you because they like you. They want your $. They're going to deliver the best possible product in the most friendly way to get you to spend $$ there. It's not personal. It gets mistaken for 'personal' all the time.

Just like - wait for it - if you go to a strip club, she DOESN'T like you. She wants your $. It's a business transaction & there's a whole bunch of business transactions waiting in the chairs and barstools around the room. The guy 'floor managers' are transactions too. they flirt with the managers so they get the best spots in the place.

& the green eyed monster = jealousy.

I worked in the service industry for about 5 yrs. it was a 5 year party, & I wouldn't want a committed relationship with anyone in it. It's a right of passage.

Well, at least you're a dick. Please stop posting.

LOL @ the guy who's misinterpreting.

My girlfriend is an accountant in the hotel. So none of that asinine shit you said applies. She is back office. She isn't being nice to people for money -- and all your examples are with customers. She doesn't have any of those. And she isn't anything like the strippers you seem to know way too much about.

It all applies. Because ALL of the people there that misinterpret everyone elses personality misinterpret hers too. For the exact same reasons.

Pull your head out of the sand.

I will take your stupid opinion under advisement. Thank you.

I'll also remember to post any on topic questions outside of your regular UF viewing hours.

you're funny how you handle things that piss you off.

Even if what you said is true, which I know isn't, you haven't been helpful or even funny. If you can't be either of those things, you shouldn't participate. So thank you for adding your nothing.

Even if what you said is true, which I know isn't, you haven't been helpful or even funny. If you can't be either of those things, you shouldn't participate. So thank you for adding your nothing.

You're right. None of what I said applies.

So, why do YOU think this happens?

My girlfriend works in a hotel so there are lots of coworkers at various levels. It always seems like some random guy from security, or the kitchen, or front desk will give her gifts. Like today some guy from security gave her a custom leather luggage tag with her name branded on it. Merry Christmas. It pisses me off.

Whatever your answer is, I won't comment on it. But I won't comfort you because you're pissed about the sun rising & setting either. Trolling for sympathy is a huge sign of insecurity & I don't have time for it.