Ontopic Ladies:

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009
At the places where you work, do your male coworkers give you gals gifts for Christmas or your birthday? Are they ever people you barely know? Is that normal?

Mr. Argumentor

Will Argue for Tacos
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Steam
asastang
Not a lady, but dad gets everyone in his section a little something for christmas
The ladies he typically spends more time on finding a gift for than the guys, but he doesn't pay more than $5 on whatever it is no matter guys or girls.

helenabear

my latina side hates Kiki
Aug 11, 2005
It would only be normal if an exchange. I never got gifts but did get cards from male co-workers. Unless they were a good friend it would be odd to get a gift IMO - ie more than a "trinket" type gift or goodies like that.

For birthdays we always just went out to lunch and someone paid for the birthday person. I got gifts when Luis & I got married but otherwise with the exception of holiday gift exchanges we didn't do anything else.

Only one co-worker and I ever exchanged real Christmas gifts and she is a close friend outside of the office. So we'd do gifts for each other (spouses too).

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
I used to give everyone chocolate bars when I worked at record store.

Bigger companies it's more about what gift your employer is giving you though. ($50 target gift cards once)

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Bosses giving gifts to the staff is normal. Creepy guy from shipping giving me a box of chocolates on V-day was weird.

Guys normally don't give gifts, chicks do... at least in my experience.

Casper

Bobbert Cheapstein
Oct 6, 2009
My girlfriend works in a hotel so there are lots of coworkers at various levels. It always seems like some random guy from security, or the kitchen, or front desk will give her gifts. Like today some guy from security gave her a custom leather luggage tag with her name branded on it. Merry Christmas. It pisses me off.

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
My girlfriend works in a hotel so there are lots of coworkers at various levels. It always seems like some random guy from security, or the kitchen, or front desk will give her gifts. Like today some guy from security gave her a custom leather luggage tag with her name branded on it. Merry Christmas. It pisses me off.

Woah jelly much?

If you act pissed off she's gonna lord it over you. Got to downplay that shit.

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.

the rest you should expect as SOP for service industry workers.

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Bosses giving gifts to the staff is normal. Creepy guy from shipping giving me a box of chocolates on V-day was weird.

Guys normally don't give gifts, chicks do... at least in my experience.

Was he creepy just because he gave you chocolates?

Sarcasmo

Mar 28, 2005
Austin

I bet that's not all she's getting. If you know what I mean.

I'm talking about dicks.

Sarcasmo

Mar 28, 2005
Austin
I bought my wife an iPhone charger for christmas. I'm tired of her taking mine.