Lacking motivation

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,432
You know that feeling when you're in a bit of a funk and the house needs tidying, and you need to clean your clothes, cook a nice meal and generally get your life organised. But then you get home, curl up on a sofa and can't be bothered with any of it. What are your biggest ways of motivating yourself to get off your ass and sort your life out?

I find that actually starting to do things is the hardest part, once started it's easy to finish but actually getting to that stage is the hardest thing. So today I fully intend to go home, not relax but immediately start to clean everything in preparation for cooking. How are your motivation levels?

Play Sports
Draw a timetable
Itemise your week
Set goals

All sounds trite, but it all works.

The goals thing sounds okay. I did decide that tonight I'll sort out the kitchen, tomorrow the hall and bathroom etc. It sounds much more achievable that way.

That's how I get things done, it's also how I fail to get things done. I really want to keep on top of things, but lately I'm working on farmer time... it's sad.

That's how I get things done, it's also how I fail to get things done. I really want to keep on top of things, but lately I'm working on farmer time... it's sad.

I usually manage to maintain a lovely home environment for about 3.5 or 4 days, then I can't be bothered for 2 days and it's a shithole again. I have yet to find a system by which it stays at a nice level all of the time, yet other people manage it.

There are 6 rooms in my house. We clean one a day and don't clean anything on Sunday. Even with 3 kids fucking everything up, it still works out ok.

I usually have to turn off the computer. If the computer isn't on, then I have to find other things to do to entertain myself and that's when I'll give in and turn to cleaning up and accomplishing things I need to do.

Like, how right now, we are moving by the end of the month and I've done squat to help further that and I'm posting on the computer instead of doing something productive.

There are 6 rooms in my house. We clean one a day and don't clean anything on Sunday. Even with 3 kids fucking everything up, it still works out ok.

Man, I wish this worked for me. If I don't clean every room every day the whole house is a mess. Granted that's just picking up, I only vacuum most of the house once a week (the family room usually gets it daily or every other day), and only scrub bathrooms once a week.