Kiki's Toys

What a horrible day care system. Fuck them up their asses and move back to wherever your family is and have them watch your rugrat.

I know nothing about kids, but that sounds right.

its 3am and my little guy has finally fallen asleep.
he has a fever 102.5/39.2

he came home from daycare and was fussy and not being his usual self.
he drank his sippy cup like in 2 gulps and just sat on the couch. i knew he was sick.

now i have a huge day at work 2moro, his dad has 2 meet with these stupid developers and cannot get out of it... so we are fighting about who is gonna take the day off.

paper-rock-scissors .. he picked paper and i picked scissors.

i blame my stupid fucking daycare... which still gets payed, no matter how sick they get my son.
ggrrrrrrrr

ja took off monday.

i was gonna' take off yesterday but her mom came thru. we try and alternate and our jobs know that.

we blame lifestyle's daycare.. only place he was besides his regular daycare (home care, only 6 kids, and pretty "clean" IMO) and home this wknd.

haven't seen him in about 27 hours and missing him immensely. :(

never seen him as miserable as he was monday night/tues morning.

What a horrible day care system. Fuck them up their asses and move back to wherever your family is and have them watch your rugrat.

I know nothing about kids, but that sounds right.

Yeah it sucks, they get sick from all the other kids at daycare, but it helps them build immunities. It's better now than when they're in school I guess.

We had his grandmother watching him for a while, but at my son's age it's better for him to be around other kids than with a senior all day.

day two....

the fever hasnt let up. not even with childrens tylenol :(
he wont play, he wont go outside. he just sits and veges out with his singing caterpillar.
the fever is fluctuating between 100 (which is ok i guess) to 103 (which is freaking me out)

he has NO other symptoms. no coughing, no sneezing, no diarrhea nothing. he's just lethargic. he's not himself. he wont eat, but is is super thirsty.

Did he get a flu vaccination? It seems like he has the flu (no not swine flu)

Of course, I'm not a doctor and I could be way off base, but......has he seen anyone?

yeah, at least call the doc and inform her of what's going on. fevers aren't necessarily bad...the body's working hard to kill the virus, but it's the other stuff you have to worry about...breathing, listlessness, dehydration...and the younger they are, the harder it is to get them to do the stuff to help themselves. :heart:

sick babies are the worry. :(

When my oldest boy started going to our church nursery class, it seemed like we were all more sick then not. We are finally getting to the point where he doesn't catch everything, and because he brought it home to all the kids, their immune systems are getting stronger too. Now if only we can make it through kindergarten next year, we should be okay. I hate dealing with your kids being sick all the time from being around other kids, but what do you do, they've got to deal with it sometime.

day two....

the fever hasnt let up. not even with childrens tylenol :(
he wont play, he wont go outside. he just sits and veges out with his singing caterpillar.
the fever is fluctuating between 100 (which is ok i guess) to 103 (which is freaking me out)

he has NO other symptoms. no coughing, no sneezing, no diarrhea nothing. he's just lethargic. he's not himself. he wont eat, but is is super thirsty.

I've found that Children's Advil works better for my son.

ok going to the hospital now...

we have telehealth here, its a special number you call and talk to a nurse who basically asks you everything the emergency room would ask me, if its serious enough, they send my info to my hospital and when i get there we bypass the triage thing.

so his kidneys is what we are going to have checked.

im fucking scared and crying.

:(

:HUGS: :heart: keep us posted. :( :heart:

Good luck! If it makes you feel better, telehealth almost always sends you to the hospital with crazy theories, although no sane parent would ever take the chance.