Katrina homeless victims - How can I help?

zengirl said:
I felt sympathetic until I heard this morning that rescue efforts were put on hold for several hours as gun toting "refugees" held up the National Guard outside of the dome thingie, shots were fired in the air but nobody was hurt. No way would I open my home.

Exactly - human nature has me feeling guilty but common sense tells me BE CAREFUL and don't be stupid. I just picture - what if this happened to my me? :confused:

gottoys? said:
Exactly - human nature has me feeling guilty but common sense tells me BE CAREFUL and don't be stupid. I just picture - what if this happened to my me? :confused:
First you have to answer this...

A category 5 hurricane is headed your way... what do you do?

a. Get the hell out of dodge
b. board up your shanty and hope for the best
c. have a hurricane party and invite all of your friends- if anything bad happens, the government will take care of you

zengirl said:

c. have a hurricane party and invite all of your friends
Yes, the best thing you can do for yourself is to have a plan, and to ensure that you never get into a situation like that.

gottoys? said:

I understand, but I also agree I wouldn't open up my home to someone (especially one I don't live in all the time, it might be empty when you get back to it and the people that stayed with now have a refurnished house, when they rebuild their house). I would donate to the organizations that are helping.

zengirl said:

c. have a hurricane party and invite all of your friends- if anything bad happens, the government will take care of you
d. head to the Chikken Ranch with weapons in arm.

fixt

zengirl said:

e. lay out the sandbags in front of the store, prop up the belt-fed .30-06, uncork that bottle of Macallan 50, and wait for the looters

zengirl said:

I would choose A - but as bad as it in in LA and MISS there is no going back for a long time. But I think what is going to happen when those who were smart and fled run out of motel money and have no where to go. I guess we'll find out ... "Katrina the new reality TV show".

gottoys? said:
I would choose A - but as bad as it in in LA and MISS there is no going back for a long time. But I think what is going to happen when those who were smart and fled run out of motel money and have no where to go. I guess we'll find out ... "Katrina the new reality TV show".

Exactly !! Freaks - where the hell are they going to plug that new tv in at?

thatsracist.gif

HA, Maybe I am wrong but I seem to remember 4 major Hurricane's suppose to hit FL last year and I didnt see any of you "out of dodge". In fact if I remember correctly we were all looking for a place to go drink. Sorry, just had to put my meaningless 2 cents in

BeeRad said:
HA, Maybe I am wrong but I seem to remember 4 major Hurricane's suppose to hit FL last year and I didnt see any of you "out of dodge". In fact if I remember correctly we were all looking for a place to go drink. Sorry, just had to put my meaningless 2 cents in

Don't worry I've already tried to make this point in another thread. :eek:

Bubbles said:
Don't worry I've already tried to make this point in another thread. :eek:
I live in the midwest. Hurricanes are something I only experience when I turn on the news.