Ontopic johnny cash approves

speaking of baller status, scary movie #28 is being shot across the street at my fave neighborhood bar. they're putting up an awning around the joint right now wrapping around a city block because it's on the corner. I'm invited. Sheen and Lohan willl be there. Hah f*cking hah. funny sh*t. they shoot on saturday.

Greet them both with an alien nut kick.

You can't solicit or sway Consumer Reports. Their reviews even change from year to year on the same models as they get updated and reengineered. Sometimes the reviews are positive, and sometimes they are negative. So who's paying them off? Not the manufacturers, obviously. And not their competition, either.

Here we go again. You just can't. I know. Everything I say is fact. Next.

As usual, you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground. While I am no fan of Consumer Reports political orientation, they cannot be bought. Whatever CR reviews, the organization goes out and buys privately and anonymously.

Oh come on. Do you have proof that any review that you read on any widely known brand is really from a consumer like us? No, you can't prove one way, or another. So, both you and he can argue to the death, but neither is right until proof shows up. I do believe however, that reviews can in fact be doctored and "planted" for a positive outcome. I honestly believe that it's complete naivety to think that major corporations don't go this far.

Well, explain your allegation. Who is paying them off, and for what gain? Where is the logic behind the allegation? Why do CR's reviews go both ways from manufacturer to manufacturer and car to car? Is Ford paying them to say nice things about the Focus but bad things about the Explorer? How does that help their business? Is Chevy paying them to say nice things about the Ford Focus and bad things about the Ford Explorer? Paint the picture for me.

speaking of baller status, scary movie #28 is being shot across the street at my fave neighborhood bar. they're putting up an awning around the joint right now wrapping around a city block because it's on the corner. I'm invited. Sheen and Lohan willl be there. Hah fucking hah. funny shit. they shoot on saturday.

I still like Lohan, more like feel sorry for her, and would like to just be close to her simply because Mean Girls is one of my most favorite movies ever. lol!
Sheen seems to be so chill & reall, (& crazy, which is cool, too), that I'd so make a point to try and hang with him over a few hundred alky dranks.

Well, explain your allegation. Who is paying them off, and for what gain? Where is the logic behind the allegation? Why do CR's reviews go both ways from manufacturer to manufacturer and car to car? Is Ford paying them to say nice things about the Focus but bad things about the Explorer? How does that help their business? Is Chevy paying them to say nice things about the Ford Focus and bad things about the Ford Explorer? Paint the picture for me.

The allegation is that any opinion can be bought.

Oh come on. Do you have proof that any review that you read on any widely known brand is really from a consumer like us? No, you can't prove one way, or another. So, both you and he can argue to the death, but neither is right until proof shows up. I do believe however, that reviews can in fact be doctored and "planted" for a positive outcome. I honestly believe that it's complete naivety to think that major corporations don't go this far.

I didn't say it was, I said it can be.

I highly suggest you investigate exactly who CR are before you spout more cereberly challenged postings.

Here is a 2 by 4 clue for you.

Last edited:

What gain? That shouldn't even need to be explained 'Casmo. A corporation is always desperate to maintain a positive image, and the obvious reason is for the return of profits.
Consumer Reports...This is my opinion: As they are a corporation, as well, (actually their publishing company, their umbrella), but on the side of quality control (per se) they also need to maintain an image. One of neutrality. They cannot show bias towards one brand year after year without first covering their tracks. I will take your example of the Explorer. This Ford model has always been stellar in sales, so why should a few negative comments hurt this aspect? Sure, sales have declined some as gas prices have risen, but it's always going to return a satisfactory profit for Ford. The number of the population that will base their car buying experience on Consumer Reports alone is probably not as high as one would imagine. The Explorer will always sell itself for the name alone, as it's now become of "America's cars", one that everyone knows, and obviously not just that aspect alone, but that is one huge selling factor, because Americans love "names" and big, shiny things.

The Focus: my theory is that they talked this car up because sales were declining and/or the focus, (no pun intended), was to aim towards appealing to a fuel efficient market, simply because it's cheaper to make a Focus, over an Explorer, it gives Ford decent rank amongst the competitors fuel efficient lines, and lastly, with gas prices now being shaky the ultimate goal would really be to cut down on our gas consumption as a nation.

These are just views that I'm throwing out there with regards to the make/models that you mentioned. Point is, every corporation is going to look to avenues that maximize their profit as much as possible. With relations to Consumer Reports, they have to balance out the negative vs positive somehow. Bottom line is, with what this country has become (corporate run > government run, or rather, hand in hand), there is no way that there is 100% honesty in what we as consumers read in present time, when in fact their bottom line is plain ol' money and profits.

I highly suggest you investigate exactly who CR are before you spout more cereberly challenged postings.

Here is a 2 by 4 clue for you.

Interesting that you choose to insult me when I was plainly neutral in my post to you. Simply said, where there are corporate gains to be made, honesty is not a virtue. You have no proof and nor do I, but again money is money, and profit is all that matters in the end result and history has shown this to us.

CR has been around since 1936 and nobody has been able to find out what you know about CR (i.e. they can be bought).

Whatever you say Mr 9-11 truther.

:waw:

Oh you know exactly what my stance on 9-11 is? Excellent! Cause I'd love to know myself.

What gain? That shouldn't even need to be explained 'Casmo. A corporation is always desperate to maintain a positive image, and the obvious reason is for the return of profits.
Consumer Reports...This is my opinion: As they are a corporation, as well, (actually their publishing company, their umbrella), but on the side of quality control (per se) they also need to maintain an image. One of neutrality. They cannot show bias towards one brand year after year without first covering their tracks. I will take your example of the Explorer. This Ford model has always been stellar in sales, so why should a few negative comments hurt this aspect? Sure, sales have declined some as gas prices have risen, but it's always going to return a satisfactory profit for Ford. The number of the population that will base their car buying experience on Consumer Reports alone is probably not as high as one would imagine. The Explorer will always sell itself for the name alone, as it's now become of "America's cars", one that everyone knows, and obviously not just that aspect alone, but that is one huge selling factor, because Americans love "names" and big, shiny things.

The Focus: my theory is that they talked this car up because sales were declining and/or the focus, (no pun intended), was to aim towards appealing to a fuel efficient market, simply because it's cheaper to make a Focus, over an Explorer, it gives Ford decent rank amongst the competitors fuel efficient lines, and lastly, with gas prices now being shaky the ultimate goal would really be to cut down on our gas consumption as a nation.

These are just views that I'm throwing out there with regards to the make/models that you mentioned. Point is, every corporation is going to look to avenues that maximize their profit as much as possible. With relations to Consumer Reports, they have to balance out the negative vs positive somehow. Bottom line is, with what this country has become (corporate run > government run, or rather, hand in hand), there is no way that there is 100% honesty in what we as consumers read in present time, when in fact their bottom line is plain ol' money and profits.

At least you explain things. Smack your husband for me.

Hey dipshit. You're the one not fucking reading nor comprehending what I am saying. I DID NOT SAY THEY HAVE BEEN PAID OFF FOR A REPORT. I SAID THEY COULD BE. If you do not understand the difference there, then you have no business weighing in on this topic.

Hey dipshit. You're the one not fucking reading nor comprehending what I am saying. I DID NOT SAY THEY HAVE BEEN PAID OFF FOR A REPORT. I SAID THEY COULD BE. If you do not understand the difference there, then you have no business weighing in on this topic.

Simmer down there, Snowy River. I know what you said. I'm just goading you.

I'm simply one for explaining my reasoning in any debate. Since I have no proof to offer, I can only explain why I see it the way that I do. I won't go as far as to insult someone if I disagree with them. I fucking can't stand that type of debate.

"Here's what I think, (add reasons)"
"Well, here's what I think, (they add reasons)"

How friggin hard can that be to follow??