jebus, what a random phone call!

F33nX said:
we should start a "i went to private school because my parents made me" club :lol:

that's exactly how I ended up there...both of my mom's brothers were sent there so I was sent too

Pandora said:
MAN! I never make it into any of the cool clubs! :( I went to a private college because I wanted to. :hs:
we should start a club for that too then:)
i get ragged on a lot for my private school upbringing. like i had any respectable say in my education when i was um, 8 :p

My son starts private school in the fall. We figured it's not much more than the preschool he's at and we don't live in a good public school district. I'd rather a doctor taking care of me when I'm old and senile than a janitor.

b_sinning said:
My son starts private school in the fall. We figured it's not much more than the preschool he's at and we don't live in a good public school district. I'd rather a doctor taking care of me when I'm old and senile than a janitor.

Sadly the private schools in town...while better than the public schools...are still lacking. Being in the institutional research office I get the pleasure of seeing numbers like this day in and day out. The prior comment is based on Highschools only, although I dont suspect that the K-8 grades are a lot better.

An interesting side note, the best public Highschool in town, according to HSGT scores, is Windsor Forest HS who can only get 3 out of 5 students to pass in all subject areas. Notice I said pass, not do well...just pass. But hey, that's better than half and that a'int bad right? :rolleyes:

Some schools can only get 3 out of 10 kids to pass all subjects. (Beach HS) It's sad really. If I had a kid that was school aged, I would move away from here knowing what I know now.

fly said:
your family must have really hated you to pay that much to get rid of ya. :lol:

how did you know? :(
:p

the dinner was nice...only 1 person was there from the years I went and he was a buddy that was in my dorm all 4 years...moved to atlanta less than a year ago...we'll be going out to hit some bars soon :)

restaurant was pretty nice...atlanta people, if you are in the mood to try a nice place and are willing to drop some coin, check it out http://www.horseradishgrill.com/index.htm

we had a 4 course dinner with option of 3 main courses...had a really nice med rare filet :drool:
open bar too

spoke with the teacher I hit with the snowball :fly:
everything was fine and he was cool...he's now the headmaster of the school:lol:

why_ask_why said:
how did you know? :(
:p

the dinner was nice...only 1 person was there from the years I went and he was a buddy that was in my dorm all 4 years...moved to atlanta less than a year ago...we'll be going out to hit some bars soon :)

restaurant was pretty nice...atlanta people, if you are in the mood to try a nice place and are willing to drop some coin, check it out http://www.horseradishgrill.com/index.htm

we had a 4 course dinner with option of 3 main courses...had a really nice med rare filet :drool:
open bar too

spoke with the teacher I hit with the snowball :fly:
everything was fine and he was cool...he's now the headmaster of the school:lol:
:) Glad it went well!

It's funny how the teachers you hate the most in school tend to be the ones you like the best after years.

Speaking of random phone calls; How about random text messages??? Shawn recieved one while we wereon the cruise at 5:18 AM. it was nothing but a picture of what looked like a stripper, legs wide open, showing off her um, deal. Skirt jacked up, some boobies (maybe) and half the head was cut off. There was no message attached and the phone number was a local one. Still don't know who sent it, when I called back the number some man answred and said he was very sorry and that someone may have gotten ahold of his phone (sounds wierd, right?) and blah blah blah. We thought it would be funny to send it to everyone is Shawn's phone book with a message: "Do you recognize this (um, deal)?? it looked like a live picture. I'm sure it was someone screwing with us but boy was I surprised!