Japanese pwn, yet again

pro tip: stay left

You would think but you can ask anyone who uses 19 daily that the left lane is the slowest lane:fly: . There is also like 90000 turn lanes on the left side that cut across the 4 lanes of this highway. It takes awhile to learn how to drive on it cause its such a cluster F.

You would think but you can ask anyone who uses 19 daily that the left lane is the slowest lane:fly: . There is also like 90000 turn lanes on the left side that cut across the 4 lanes of this highway. It takes awhile to learn how to drive on it cause its such a cluster F.

I make the best time on the right generally too...all the retard soccer moms in their minivans are clogging the left side...combine that with 95% of exits being on the right and you end up with less traffic there

I make the best time on the right generally too...all the retard soccer moms in their minivans are clogging the left side...combine that with 95% of exits being on the right and you end up with less traffic there

yeah, 19 is like no other. Most people who I know that vacation here from up north wont even use it. Oh and to top it off the right lane ends randomly every other light or so and makes you turn :fly: . Honestly it is by far the worst Hwy I have ever driven on and most of us have to use it daily, freakin sucks. They are just starting to make most of my area over passes though so besides the construction I am much happier.

Left lanes are the slowest around Boston as well, mostly because every feeb in a work truck thinks they're the fastest driver around or slick in his sports sedan gets a phone call and slows way down to jot notes down about the conversation :rolleyes:

I actually heard that Boston and Cleveland have just as bad traffic as us. The reason our left lane is slow IMO is that you can see both sides of 19 easiest from the left lane. Basically tourist drive really slow in the left lane so they can see what they are looking for. It sucks cause its what I would do if I didnt know the area so its hard to get pissed.

yeah, 19 is like no other. Most people who I know that vacation here from up north wont even use it. Oh and to top it off the right lane ends randomly every other light or so and makes you turn :fly: . Honestly it is by far the worst Hwy I have ever driven on and most of us have to use it daily, freakin sucks. They are just starting to make most of my area over passes though so besides the construction I am much happier.

the worst is the timing of the stoplights, especially during rush hour. I have sat at a red light on 19 and Drew for literally over ten minutes, had a green for 45 seconds and didn't make it to through because the idiots in front of me had fallen asleep and sat for another five or six :mad:

driving up sucks, you'll often see a string of green lights ahead of you but you can't move because the traffic is a mile long behind a light that's been red for ten minutes and when it finally goes green all those others start turning yellow :rolleyes: clearwater city planners are goddamn idiots.

I found driving through Cleveland to be pretty damn easy, but that was only a handful of occasions.

Denver has bad congestion but the drivers are completely non-agressive, drove me crazy.

NYC is overwhelming but the drivers know what the heck they are doing.

Boston is the worst I've seen, the drivers are pathetic or driving spastically because they are frustrated with the pathetic drivers. Combined with the seldom maintained roads, congestion, and road layouts that are over 200 years old it's a nightmare at times.

London's congestion is staggering, and they have the ancient road designs as well, but the drivers are far more competent.

the worst is the timing of the stoplights, especially during rush hour. I have sat at a red light on 19 and Drew for literally over ten minutes, had a green for 45 seconds and didn't make it to through because the idiots in front of me had fallen asleep and sat for another five or six :mad:

driving up sucks, you'll often see a string of green lights ahead of you but you can't move because the traffic is a mile long behind a light that's been red for ten minutes and when it finally goes green all those others start turning yellow :rolleyes: clearwater city planners are goddamn idiots.

So true, Belcher is worse though and Alt 19 is even worse than Belcher so you really have no good alternate choice. Thats what really pisses me off.

not completely true...a good portion of japanese cars are made in the US by american workers these days...where they get the equation right is keeping the UAW out

The other issue is a good portion of American cars are made by Canadian and Mexican workers.

They will often rate cars differently although they are the same car just under a different brand, often with a Japanese bias. A good example is the Nissan Quest and a Mercury Villager. They are the same car, but the Nissan rated higher.

When they usually test siblings like that, they equip them differently to try new options. If the Nissan had better power seats to make the driving position more comfortable, or had auto climate control to make the Controls and Displays easier to use, they would rate it higher.

They will often rate cars differently although they are the same car just under a different brand, often with a Japanese bias. A good example is the Nissan Quest and a Mercury Villager. They are the same car, but the Nissan rated higher.

they stopped making that 5 years ago :)

Not a suprise. American companies don't have the entire Japanese workforce at their disposal, and Americans are too spoiled to be competitive with them.

Except for the fact that most of the Toyotas and Hondas for sale are made in the US. There are more employees for Honda motor company in US than there are in Japan.

Americans have the entire US workforce to use. They just don't use them very well.

I actually heard that Boston and Cleveland have just as bad traffic as us. The reason our left lane is slow IMO is that you can see both sides of 19 easiest from the left lane. Basically tourist drive really slow in the left lane so they can see what they are looking for. It sucks cause its what I would do if I didnt know the area so its hard to get pissed.

Cleveland has no traffic. No one lives there anymore.

Ohio drivers just like to change lanes with little premeditation and prefer to merge into the leftmost lane on a clear 8 lane highway straight from the onramp because of habit, not necessity.

Cleveland does not have tourists because there is nothing to look at here.