Ontopic Jailbreaking my crApple

Last edited:
She wouldn't need 2 phones, just an iPhone on Sprint. Like this:

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mob/5406746626.html

And sell the Verizon one to recoup the cost.

edit: Or if you're lazy, buy/sell in your underwear here
https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-4-sprint
I getcha. But in a year, she'll likely be back in the same situation. poptartmommy and I will update our iPhones and will give her our hand-me-down 6. That's why I was thinking about her just having a backup phone for emergencies, and considering if something like that $20 android phone could be dual purposed as the boy's 'Carnival Hub' phone for our trip and the girl's emergency phone going forward.

it seems like just being all "fuckit Ill get an android for cheap off craigslist" is the way to go with an iphone that isnt brand new

ib "IVE BEEN RUNNING THIS IPHONE 3GS FOR EIGHT YEARS AND I CAN STILL CALL MY MOM" posts

I have a need for that as well, for "internet of things" devices, where i want the device to be able to call out once a month or when it moves, or something, without topping it up.
Get an amateur radio license. That's a job for packet radio.

Get an amateur radio license. That's a job for packet radio.
not if the devices already have a cell radio built into em. Not everyone can design their own gear :D This is commercial stuff (think: lojack)

Yeah, in that case a GPRS plan is your best bet. You can get them for $10/mo up here, I imagine you can get something cheaper in your neck of the woods.

So, I have a leftover Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD I was going to reset to factory defaults. If you all want to borrow it while on the cruise and run it wifi only, I've got no problem lending it out. It's just going to gather dust here otherwise.

• Gravy
Reactions: poptartdaddy
Nah, still running the Kindle OS (which technically is Android). You can install the Play store on it though.

yeah, I know it's basically Android, but I'd like to strip away everything on it that sucks and just run as a pure android OS.

kindle OS sucks so fucking hard

unfortunately it updated before I had a chance to root it so meow I have to wait until someone breaks the bootloader again