I've witnessed a new level of redneckdom

Nothin beats a good ole fashioned demolition derby, well... with the exception of the greased pig chase

ChikkenNoodul said:
We used to have greased watermelon water polo at summer camp :fly:
When I was a kid, we'd go to the fair every summer, and they'd grease up about a dozen pigs, and have about a dozen kids chasing after the greased up pigs in this great big ole mud pit, whoever caught a pig won the prize :fly:

zengirl said:
When I was a kid, we'd go to the fair every summer, and they'd grease up about a dozen pigs, and have about a dozen kids chasing after the greased up pigs in this great big ole mud pit, whoever caught a pig won the prize :fly:

We would do that as well, but with just one pig, and your prize was you got to keep the pig. They also greased a flagpole and put money on it (small bills towards the bottom, a $100 bill at the top) and you got to keep as much money as you could get. I think they actually had someone make it to the top a coupe times. That one was fun to watch.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:D

It was funny, the kids at the fair were the most polite kids (in such large numbers) that I've seen in a LOOOONG time, it was amazing.

Kids bumped into us and actually apologized! :eek:
country folk are typically more well mannered and socially capable than their urban counterparts. It seems that the more populated an area, the more annonymous people become so their interactions are more rude and stuck up whereas in the country you actually know your neighbors and if you're rude, they'll not hesitate to rat you out or even better, serve your licks themselves :egads:

zengirl said:
country folk are typically more well mannered and socially capable than their urban counterparts. It seems that the more populated an area, the more annonymous people become so their interactions are more rude and stuck up whereas in the country you actually know your neighbors and if you're rude, they'll not hesitate to rat you out or even better, serve your licks themselves :egads:
Yeah, people aren't all in your face all day long in the country - makes it easier to be friendly. And you really do depend on each other, it's not like there's 15 other pizza places to go to if you have a problem with one of them...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah, people aren't all in your face all day long in the country - makes it easier to be friendly. And you really do depend on each other, it's not like there's 15 other pizza places to go to if you have a problem with one of them...
I greatly prefer small towns over large ones.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ayuh, my last town had about 3,000 residents, my new one has about 1,700.

Next, I want my OWN town :D
:lol:

My family has it's own town, down in Missouri, my great uncle is the sherriff, the fire marshall and the mayor. Our family owns the majority of the land and we even have our own church and cemetary.

zengirl said:
:lol:

My family has it's own town, down in Missouri, my great uncle is the sherriff, the fire marshall and the mayor. Our family owns the majority of the land and we even have our own church and cemetary.

What's the name? I want to go there.