I've witnessed a new level of redneckdom

Syrup Beaver

pants log
Sep 30, 2004
beneath the soiled underbelly of the 'nev
Visit site
Marklar
₥2,853
Went to the Washington County (NY) fair on Saturday, after a hellacious migration at work.

The fair was cool, not quite as many exhibits as the Durham Fair in CT, that we go to almost every year, but still a good amount of animals and food :drool: and TONS of brandy new tractor's on display :drool:^2

There were tractor pulls going on, a common sight at most fairs I imagine. Some antique tractors, that was an interesting sight, and the usual, more modern, tractors as well.

Then, right around 8:00PM - there's suddenly a swarm of people by the tractor arena and two 'color' announcers start talking up a storm.

These machines appeared that looked like dragsters with I-beam frames and rollcages, tires the size of Volkswagens and what looked like un-muffled airplane engines(since confirmed) :egads: set up to tow a giant weighted sled.

The first one launched with a sound that would wake the dead and have them calling the police with a noise complaint :lol: I don't even think jet engines are that loud, and there were thousands of people cheering this - sober, since no booze was sold there.

Simply stunning

The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want a John Deere Gator.

I would love to go to a fair like that, but that's only due to my fascination with above said contraption.

Galen said:
The more and more I think about it, the more and more I want a John Deere Gator.

I would love to go to a fair like that, but that's only due to my fascination with above said contraption.
Seemed to be the vehicle of choice for travelling the fairgrounds themselves.

I'd rather have a Kubota RTV myself, but they're similar...

ChikkenNoodul said:
Seemed to be the vehicle of choice for travelling the fairgrounds themselves.

I'd rather have a Kubota RTV myself, but they're similar...
I know what you mean, but I don't think the Katuba looks as nice as the gator, the colour especially. It has that sort of ... motorized japanese brick look about it whereas the Gator has more of an American Bald Eagle of POWER approach, complete with mounted bullbars.

I have been told I'm crazy for wanting this, and noone else seems to see in the Gator what I do, but I now know that you and I can relate. What better way to spend a sunday that gangsta chillin' around your garden in one of these beauties.

i4x2gator.jpg

ChikkenNoodul said:
Hells yeah, I need a yard vehicle to patrol the internal roads and for landscaping. Makes things easier if it's a two person as well - one advantage over an ATV.

And the built in dumping bed = win for mulch and stone, etc.
Awesome, I was never really a fan of ATV's anyway. Especially the ones with the little thumb-throttle.

The dumping bed rocks. You could put a few drivers in there and a bunch of golf balls, park up and blast balls at your neighbours dog. It will also provide fine storage for drinkables. Is there anything John Deere have not thought of!

And for one of the top Gators here, they retail for around 5000-6000 GBP

I'd rather die of cancer than have to attend one of those functions.