Hawt ITT: We find Domon the perfect truck

pffft, its had no major issues. Besides the lurking airbag thing which is my own damn fault.

True that, i know little about towing (mainly because im not serious about buying a truck until my car falls out from under me), so i havetn done the research.

I know you talked to me about this before and have a lot of knowledge from towing horses around.
Are you thinking short local hauls, or long hauls? And how often? Is it a *special purpose* thing like 'the dump trailer is for convenience if I need it, and the 3 tons is because I want to haul a car once a month' type of thing?

dump trailer = haul manure twice a year, haul mulch a couple times a year, haul stone when i need it, haul the tractor around 2-3 times a year.

The latter two are when it gets heavy. Tractor is 4000lb, stone is 3000 a pallet, and i might want to take a couple at a time.

thats what my bobcat guy tows his 5500 pound bobcat around with, seems to work great for him.

The 'thing' you want to remember in the long run is if you can just 'barely' tow what you want, it won't take long for you to hate towing.
Can't accelerate for shit (especially noticeable in traffic), very unsteady, breaking (this is where the majority of the rating comes from - it's not all about how much you can pull forward, it's a lot about what you can STOP towing behind you) will be a bitch because they'll overheat fast and you'll blow through rotors and pads working the living shit out of them.

You don't want to be a white-knuckle tower.

yep, knew about the stopping. Thats what tears up your transmission in a hurry if you arent rated right.

you know, the purchase price isnt even my big hangup on getting a truck.

its

a) a place to store both it, and the trailer. I have no room, and no garage.
b) insurance premiums on it as a daily driver (limited miles). Buy a 2000 buck truck, and pay 1000 a year in premiums just doesnt sit right with me.