ITT We discuss how badly I am afflicted with Geekitis

The other night I had a dream that I bought a Radeon x1900 IT for $25 and that it was a promotional sale.

From an article on MSNBC:

"“WoW” recently tallied its 8 millionth subscriber, making its population close to that of New York City. It’s even earned its place in pop culture by being skewered by the “South Park” gang.

With numbers and notoriety like that, the stakes are high for this next installation of the “WoW” franchise. Blizzard has to knock this sucker out of the park, or face the wrath — and possible exodus — of millions of fans paying upwards of $15 a month. Do the math. That’s a gravy train Blizzard has no intention of derailing."

Sweet Jesus that game makes Blizzard a lot of money.

I quit the WOW smack last year. You know the drill, it infects your dreams, causes you to stay waaay to late at night and cut the libido way down as well. Even knowing these things, I still have a little voice in my head telling me to go out and buy the expansion and re-activate my account. Luckily the louder, saner voice in my head tells me that I like playing solo RPGs more and that I can find uber-swords of slaying +2 in a game I only have to pay for ONCE.

Side note: I've watched a couple of buddies go out on raids in WOW. Throw in a ventrillo connection and you've never seen, nor heard anything nerdier/geekier.

I quit the WOW smack last year. You know the drill, it infects your dreams, causes you to stay waaay to late at night and cut the libido way down as well. Even knowing these things, I still have a little voice in my head telling me to go out and buy the expansion and re-activate my account.

The girl I was hanging out with primarily is now glued to her computer every off moment and doesnt want to do anything :'(

I once started a Burning Crusade.

3 counties, 270,000 acres, and 12,000 firefighters later I decided it was time to stop.

I quit my WoW addiction back in March. Almost 1 year clean. IT got to the point where after 60, unless you just PVP, the only thing to do is get in a good guild and raid high end instances. We were doing BWL, AQ, and MC/ONY runs 4 nights a week. And since I'm on east coast, and we had to give the west coasters enough time to get home from work and stuff, the raid group didn't start forming till 9pm. We'd head out at 10pm and run the instances till 1 or 2am. Doing that 4 nights a week along with getting up for work at 6am simply wore me down. After a few months, I just had enough, and quit. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, really miss playing my l33t hunter, but I just couldn't support my rock and raid lifestyle anymore.

I thought about picking up burning crusade cause it would offer some more casual content and leveling for me to do, but decided* against it.

* - JJ would rip my nuts off and shove them down my throat if I started playing WoW again.

Some mid-lower level noobs need high level characters to help them grind dungeons and stuff. Not like level 1 or 2, but maybe 10-20.

I've done that before, and it sucks. I spent 45 minutes trying to help this guy, telling him to stay back and stop pulling aggro, but the stupid shit wouldn't listen and kept getting himself killed. Since I wasn't a healer, I had no way to rez him and had to sit there for 5 min each time while he ran back to his body. About half way thru I finally said Fuck it, and hearthed out :fly:

My GF was talking in her sleep... About WoW.

I'm glad I'm not addicted to anything silly like that.

Oh, crap, I think one of my skills should have finished training, gotta go log on to EVE Online!

**EDIT** - Nope, still an hour left.

Last edited:
Is EVE Online fun? What sucks about it? Star Wars Galaxies has the worst quests I've ever played. Every single one involves going to a cave or base and killing 10-20 of one or more of the same 5 factions of bad guys.

"You need help building a sequencer? Before I can help you I need you to do me a favor. Go to point A and kill 13 ruffians, 14 thugs, and 17 hooligans."

"Interested in doing some police work? Great! I need you to go to point B and kill 15 hooligans, 11 thugs, and 18 ruffians."

"Sorry, I can't give you that droid. I sold it to charater X. You can get it back if you go to this point on your map. To find it though you may have to kill 19 ruffians, 11 hooligans, and 16 thugs."