ITS THE Monday LUnhc Thread!!!!

I just started back at the gym today after taking a few weeks off due to pec tear. I'm so going to be in pain tomorrow. But I'll still hit the gym. Coming back after an injury is the hardest thing to do but if you want to succeed sometimes you have to cowboy up.

Lunch is tuna fish, rasins, and a protein shake. I have to get my diet back under control and regain focus in all aspects of my life. I figure this is as good place to start as anywhere else. I'm so good at being lazy even though I don't like to be.

b_sinning said:
I just started back at the gym today after taking a few weeks off due to pec tear. I'm so going to be in pain tomorrow. But I'll still hit the gym. Coming back after an injury is the hardest thing to do but if you want to succeed sometimes you have to cowboy up.
How'd it go?

I know how discouraging it is to go back and not be able to lift near what you used to

Bubbles said:
I'm having the vegetable soup I made. It was my breakfast and it will be dinner too. I'm on a diet. A soup diet to cleanse the system and drop 10 lbs. It's only for 7 days, but it is so hard for me to not eat what I want when I want it.

Damn it... I guess my bar idea is out :mad:

ChikkenNoodul said:
How'd it go?

I know how discouraging it is to go back and not be able to lift near what you used to

Hell yes it is. Just have to suck it up and do the best you can and be patient. I don't want to try to impress anyone else and get reinjured. You have to workout like you're the only person there and realize your limitations and push them but not go past them. Very humbling. It sucks.

b_sinning said:
Hell yes it is. Just have to suck it up and do the best you can and be patient. I don't want to try to impress anyone else and get reinjured. You have to workout like you're the only person there and realize your limitations and push them but not go past them. Very humbling. It sucks.
Yeah, I totally agree with that :heart:

I've been afraid to go near the squat rack because of my stupid knee, and I know I'm going to try it and hurt myself at some point

Michale's Italian Kitchen at Los Colinas Tx - It is now our favorite place. Meets all our criteria - quick service, reasonable prices, scenic view with good ambience and excellant food.

I use to eat soup every single day for lunch in FLA and since moving to Dallas we eat out every day. Like I said before all they do in Dallas is 'meet to eat'. The trick now is to eat a big lunch and barely eat anything for dinner (fruit or something).

gottoys? said:
Michale's Italian Kitchen at Los Colinas Tx - It is now our favorite place. Meets all our criteria - quick service, reasonable prices, scenic view with good ambience and excellant food.

I use to eat soup every single day for lunch in FLA and since moving to Dallas we eat out every day. Like I said before all they do in Dallas is 'meet to eat'. The trick now is to eat a big lunch and barely eat anything for dinner (fruit or something).

haha Welcome to Dallas, hot stuff. I'm prepping for a new round of dining out. We have a new paralegal coming on board in my group, so we're going to be taking her out to eat a few times, I'm sure. Lawyers and businessmen are the kings of the "meet to eat" principle, much to my waist's chagrin.

Since getting a desk job 2 years ago I've gained 25 pounds. I used to cycle 60 miles a day no problem, now I feel a stroke coming on after about 7. It's actually making me angry. Sitting in a chair all day is just unnatural. I'm thinking about trying out for the fire department.

I love food and I love to eat. No one ever wants to "meet to eat" here, they want to "meet to drink". I would much rather have a nice glass of wine over fabulous food than go on the drinking-no eating fests.

Is it a volunteer fire department, or are you talking about a career change?

Bubbles said:
I love food and I love to eat. No one ever wants to "meet to eat" here, they want to "meet to drink". I would much rather have a nice glass of wine over fabulous food than go on the drinking-no eating fests.

Is it a volunteer fire department, or are you talking about a career change?

It would be a career change if I did it. I'd get back in top shape, cycle and lift weights every day like when I was a super stud, and then save people and pets. I like what I do, and the money, I just find myself getting bored and my ass hurts from not moving. It just shouldn't be like this. I'm too young to sit at a desk for the next 30-40 years.

Sarcasmo said:
It would be a career change if I did it. I'd get back in top shape, cycle and lift weights every day like when I was a super stud, and then save people and pets. I like what I do, and the money, I just find myself getting bored and my ass hurts from not moving. It just shouldn't be like this. I'm too young to sit at a desk for the next 30-40 years.

firemens are yummy, it might be a good idea :drool: