WTF Is There A Line You Don't Cross Or Is Everything Fair Game?

Would you lie, cheat or steal if

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's a bit of a no brainer to be fair, like we will ALL(?) kill if needs be or we will ALL(!) lie if needs be to see what sort of outcomes you would get you would need a control GROUP...possibly various different outcomes?

Mind you during the global 1939-45 war in Nazi held territories, the only group who identified themselves by their beliefs (religion?) and did not compromise those beliefs to pander to the master race in any way were the Jehovah's witnesses. The most shocking sell-out was by the catholic church who accepted and tolerated abortions but actually provided nuns to help carry out the godly tasks

What would you do?
Source.

I don't think the line has to do with cowardice. It is just a visual representation of things an individual will/will not do.

Believing theft to be wrong it is over my line. This doesn't make me a coward, it shows my belief with regard to right/wrong.

If you're going for the SHTF scenario, then it's total free-for-all. Survival of the fittest and all that.

The question is structured as such: "Would you lie, cheat or steal if" -> lists a number of felonies.

It assumes one is already complicit in criminal behavior.

Am I the only person who read it o_O

It's been so long since I finished studying, I'm not sure what page the reference is but the book I sourced it from is: Welch, David. The Third Reich: Politics and Propaganda. New York: Routledge, 1993. sorry not got the ISBN. Also if you want to investigate further you could use the following as reference:

Dietrich, Donald J. Catholic Citizens in the Third Reich: Psycho-social Principles and Moral Reasoning. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction, 1988.
Bessel, Richard. Life in the Third Reich. New York: Oxford University Press, 1987.
Baranowski, Shelley. The Confessing Church, Conservative Elites, and the Nazi State. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen, 1987
Young, James. The Texture of Memory: Holocaust Memorials and Meaning. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1993.
Zabel, James A. Nazism and the Pastors. A Study of the Ideas of Three Deutsche Christen Groups. Missoula, MO: Scholars Press, 1976.
Zahn, Gordon. German Catholics and Hitler's Wars. New York: Sheed and Ward, 1969.

Believing theft to be wrong it is over my line. This doesn't make me a coward, it shows my belief with regard to right/wrong.

I don't think the thread has to do with action alone. The OP has all sorts of "what if" conditions around the actions.

imo the 'line' has to do with the circumstances around the action. When fly says 'If you put a person in the right scenario, they will do almost anything.' you realize there's no 'firm' line because the scenarios change.

The question is structured as such: "Would you lie, cheat or steal if" -> lists a number of felonies.

It assumes one is already complicit in criminal behavior.

Am I the only person who read it o_O

How does it assume if it ask the question would you (I'm pretty sure that along with the 'line' part of the title answers your inane question)....is it me or are you being a dick for the sake of it....because a) Richard is a family name...or b) because you are really, really clever aren't you Zippy?

I don't think the line has to do with cowardice. It is just a visual representation of things an individual will/will not do.

If you're going for the SHTF scenario, then it's total free-for-all. Survival of the fittest and all that.

The cowardice is crossing the line. Not crossing the line the reverse of that. (but not always)

I don't think the thread has to do with action alone. The OP has all sorts of "what if" conditions around the actions.

imo the 'line' has to do with the circumstances around the action. When fly says 'If you put a person in the right scenario, they will do almost anything.' you realize there's no 'firm' line because the scenarios change.

I'd agree with most of what you say but still believe that there are certain lines that people draw which are not based on situation/circumstance but based on a code they chose to live and die by. They are few and far between I'll grant you that.

It's been so long since I finished studying, I'm not sure what page the reference is but the book I sourced it from is: Welch, David. The Third Reich: Politics and Propaganda. New York: Routledge, 1993. sorry not got the ISBN. Also if you want to investigate further you could use the following as reference:

Dietrich, Donald J. Catholic Citizens in the Third Reich: Psycho-social Principles and Moral Reasoning. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction, 1988.
Bessel, Richard. Life in the Third Reich. New York: Oxford University Press, 1987.
Baranowski, Shelley. The Confessing Church, Conservative Elites, and the Nazi State. Lewiston, NY: Edwin Mellen, 1987
Young, James. The Texture of Memory: Holocaust Memorials and Meaning. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1993.
Zabel, James A. Nazism and the Pastors. A Study of the Ideas of Three Deutsche Christen Groups. Missoula, MO: Scholars Press, 1976.
Zahn, Gordon. German Catholics and Hitler's Wars. New York: Sheed and Ward, 1969.
Unsurprisingly that is the bibliography of one book: The Holy Reich: Nazi Conceptions of Christianity, 1919–1945 Several of those books don't even mention abortion.

This one though Catholic Citizens in the Third Reich: Psycho-social Principles and Moral Reasoning actually has a fairly long section dedicated to the objections, and public protest by the Church to Hitler's euthanasia programs (pp 224-250).

The Catholic Historical Review: Volume 62 (1976) (p. 56) The "Right to Kill" in the Third Reich. Prelude to Genocide by Graham, Robert A., SJ actually has a pretty thorough history of the topic.

Also apparently youve never heard of Mit brennender Sorge (With burning concern), which was a papal encyclical issued in 1937 condeming Nazism in general. Also one of the first public attacks on the Nazis...

How does it assume if it ask the question would you (I'm pretty sure that along with the 'line' part of the title answers your inane question)....is it me or are you being a dick for the sake of it....because a) Richard is a family name...or b) because you are really, really clever aren't you Zippy?
"If <insert felony behavior> would you <lie, steal, cheat>"

Then

"Is There A Line You Don't Cross Or Is Everything Fair Game?"

The question is moot if you don't participate in said behaviors.

I cant tell if you are incredibly stupid or incredibly stupid.

I'd agree with most of what you say but still believe that there are certain lines that people draw which are not based on situation/circumstance but based on a code they chose to live and die by. They are few and far between I'll grant you that.

but your posit asks about highly unique highly conditional scenarios, not day to day circumstances. What fly said & I agree with, is that any situation can be created to abandon the 'code.'

Unsurprisingly that is the bibliography of one book: The Holy Reich: Nazi Conceptions of Christianity, 1919–1945 Several of those books don't even mention abortion.

This one though Catholic Citizens in the Third Reich: Psycho-social Principles and Moral Reasoning actually has a fairly long section dedicated to the objections, and public protest by the Church to Hitler's euthanasia programs (pp 224-250).

The Catholic Historical Review: Volume 62 (1976) (p. 56) The "Right to Kill" in the Third Reich. Prelude to Genocide by Graham, Robert A., SJ actually has a pretty thorough history of the topic.

Also apparently youve never heard of Mit brennender Sorge (With burning concern), which was a papal encyclical issued in 1937 condeming Nazism in general. Also one of the first public attacks on the Nazis...

I'm not sure you both are different people.

:lol: that's zrh