Investment questions

wanko80

Erect Member
Jul 31, 2006
McKinney,TX
Marklar
₥5
So I'd like to get some advice, or even just opinions, on ways I should invest for retirement.

Here's what I currently do:

401k through work. Not maxed out.
Roth IRA - Maxed out.

Problem is that we aren't going to be qualified for a Roth IRA anymore. So the question is, what should I do with that money? Should I max out the 401k? Or is it better to diversify the funds a little (have both pretax and post tax investments)?

We have a financial planner, but I'm not sold on his idea. He wants us to do a Variable Adjustable Life Insurance. He admits that these are commonly not the best way, but given our young age and ability to max them out, he says they become the best option for us because the growth is tax deferred and tax free.

I'm not comfortable with this idea, and may never be, so I wanted to see if there's something out there I haven't considered. Would just doing some mutual funds be the best thing to keep it simple? Traditional IRA even though the contributions wouldn't be tax deductible?

And to apologize for the boringness of this, here is a hot chick:
154GM8W1004.jpg

Last edited:
Don't go with the life insurance, but definitely diversify your funds over a stock portfolio. Or if you want to be careful get a traditional IRA to throw funds into. Not as snazzy as a roth, but it works out.

If I were going to pick between April and a financial planner, I'd go with the financial planner. I'm just saying. But I'd still fuck April, because she's hot.

The only reason I don't trust the financial planner as much is because I'm sure the life insurance pays much bigger commissions than getting a mutual fund or IRA.

The only reason I don't trust the financial planner as much is because I'm sure the life insurance pays much bigger commissions than getting a mutual fund or IRA.

If you don't trust your financial planner, you should get a new one. Or do your own damn research.

I don't distrust him, I just question the reasons sometimes. It's just a lot of money, so I feel it is natural to be careful with it. If I ever just blindly trust someone, then I'm a sucker ready to be taken.

I don't distrust him, I just question the reasons sometimes. It's just a lot of money, so I feel it is natural to be careful with it. If I ever just blindly trust someone, then I'm a sucker ready to be taken.

I have this great offer. I will send you a check for 1mil right after you send me a money order for 200k so I can cash the 1mil and send it to you.

Variable life is a scam, seek out a financial planner that doesn't act as an agent for an insurance company.

I've never qualified for a Roth, so maxing out the 401k is the only way I've gone other than real estate.
He at least admits that it usually isn't the best option. The main claim for it being good is the tax benefits of it. He is saying that those will outweigh the added cost of the insurance.

He's not opposed to going with something else. He's just trying to explain it all to me.

Apparently I like lists today
1) Diversified portfolios ftw
2) Don't listen to the financial planner
3) go to bookstore
4) buy any Suze Orman book, but probably not the Women and Money book b/c well you know.