I'm gonna start running tomorrow AM.

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I'm gonna try to do it everyday in the morning. Bought new shoes, socks, shirts and underwear. I'm trying for a some self-discipline and energy. Basically, just feeling better about myself. Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggonit, people like me!

you're gonna fall and twist your ankle. Then get attacked by a dog who will pee on your face.

Running is not very fun though...and makes you want to throw up. Exercise bike is much easier! Just have to do it longer.

Exercise bikes are the very definition of not fun. I greatly preferred running. Of course, I'll agree that treadmills suck and mountain biking > running.

Of course, for me, when I say running I mean jogging. :) Not a very fast one, I am.

Also, how'd the running go this morning?

You did better that I have lately. I did manage to get all of my crap packed by 4:30, but since NOTHING was open this morning, I didn't actually get anything done till a couple hours ago.

The air sucks. I would buy a treadmill instead. I haven't done it in a while but when I was trying to lose weight I could go two or three miles non stop jogging on a treadmill in he gym but I could barely jog a mile outside without getting winded. likely because the air is so thick.

Get a recumbant bike machine. A quality one, not a $50 hole-in-the-wall sport shop kind. Running fucks up your ankles, knees, and even hips. I put on some good house music and totally zone out while cycling for 1-2 hours. Calorie burning ++

Before you know it your legs will be strong and your endurance will skyrocket.

Pandora said:
So does that mean Thorn wants to exercise too? Cuz I want a walking pardner! :hs:

yes yes yes!!! i need more of a motivater, though...i can come up with the best excuses!! although i have lost 20 lbs. all by myself lately!!!! :D

seriously, i love to walk and would love a partner/motivater. come up with a plan???

Lame-o said:
Get a recumbant bike machine. A quality one, not a $50 hole-in-the-wall sport shop kind. Running fucks up your ankles, knees, and even hips. I put on some good house music and totally zone out while cycling for 1-2 hours. Calorie burning ++

Before you know it your legs will be strong and your endurance will skyrocket.

does it do anything for your upper, if even just losing weight??

It's just too hot to run. I use my treadmill at home but I've stopped doing it while I bulk up some more. I've cleaned up my diet lately so I've been adding on more muscle and lowering my body fat some. In a few more weeks I'l start hitting the treadmill again to really drop body fat.

My main issue is to get a 6 pack you have to stop drinking 6 packs and with my job and wife I don't see that happening anytime soon.