I'm gonna start running tomorrow AM.

b_sinning said:
It's just too hot to run. I use my treadmill at home but I've stopped doing it while I bulk up some more. I've cleaned up my diet lately so I've been adding on more muscle and lowering my body fat some. In a few more weeks I'l start hitting the treadmill again to really drop body fat.

My main issue is to get a 6 pack you have to stop drinking 6 packs and with my job and wife I don't see that happening anytime soon.

i know you've got like a 12-pack in that big ol' chest o' yours. :drool:

Thorn Bird said:
does it do anything for your upper, if even just losing weight??

No, you only use your legs to cycle. Anytime you undergo a weight loss regimen you should also weight train to build more calorie-burning muscle tissue. Simple benches and military presses will do wonders for your upper body. And those are only two varieties. There are dozens.

I cycle, drink a protein shake, and then hit the weights for 20 or 30 minutes. You don't have to overdo it, especially if you just want to maintain your current mass while losing fat.

You'll be surprised how quickly the fat falls off once you get active though.

Thorn Bird said:
b_sinning said:
You're one to talk about big ol' chests. :drool:[/QUOTE

golly, gee, you've made me blush n' giggle...tee hee!! :fly:

The bad thing about women is that they lose their assets when they work out. Both butts and boobs are made out of fat primarily, so inevitably....

:(

Lame-o said:
No, you only use your legs to cycle. Anytime you undergo a weight loss regimen you should also weight train to build more calorie-burning muscle tissue. Simple benches and military presses will do wonders for your upper body. And those are only two varieties. There are dozens.

I cycle, drink a protein shake, and then hit the weights for 20 or 30 minutes. You don't have to overdo it, especially if you just want to maintain your current mass while losing fat.

You sound like an ad for Gold's Gym. :fly:

Lame-o said:

well, i knew you only used your legs to cycle, but i didn't know if once you started burning you'd burn all over.

Lame-o said:
The bad thing about women is that they lose their assets when they work out. Both butts and boobs are made out of fat primarily, so inevitably....

:(

well, i've got waaaaaaaay excess in the upper region, and i can afford to lose a bit (lot). put it this way...when i was nursing the baby, i was a size G.

and my butt ain't gotta lickka fat on it...ask anyone from the savannah meat. :p

Thorn Bird said:
well, i knew you only used your legs to cycle, but i didn't know if once you started burning you'd burn all over.

Yes. You burn all of your body's fat reserves when you aerobically exercise. It starts pulling it from wherever your genes specify (different places for different people) but it doesn't stop. Eventually all of your fat will metabolize.

Bubbles said:
Hey, some things never go away. I used to be in great shape and my butt was almost the same size..........only rock hard. :cool:

:drool: From those recent pics of you I'd say you're still in good shape. Unless they're old, and you look like Oprah now.

Lame-o said:
:drool: From those recent pics of you I'd say you're still in good shape. Unless they're old, and you look like Oprah now.

hey...ain't nothin' wrong with oprah. she's a sexah-curvy woman. unless you're into the stick-boy thing, i guess.

Thorn Bird said:
hey...ain't nothin' wrong with oprah. she's a sexah-curvy woman. unless you're into the stick-boy thing, i guess.

Yeah I'm just goofing. I like a woman with meat on her bones, just not a whole buffet. I do NOT like skinny women. It's just nasty. I prefer athletic and toned mass to fat mass though. But honestly, if I dig a woman, I dig a woman. You know?

Thorn Bird said:
well, i've got waaaaaaaay excess in the upper region, and i can afford to lose a bit (lot). put it this way...when i was nursing the baby, i was a size G.

and my butt ain't gotta lickka fat on it...ask anyone from the savannah meat. :p

We all licked it so we can agree. Sorry Spange. ;)

F33nX said:
wait, you ran 15 minutes and ran almost two miles, on your first day jogging? wtf are you, superman? :p

long legs. I asked my sister about it and she said a 7-minute mile is pretty good. beats me. That was at a jog. If I could get enough air, I could run faster.

b_sinning said:
You needed new underwear to go running?

I normally wear boxers. I needed something with more support.

SpangeMonkee said:
long legs. I asked my sister about it and she said a 7-minute mile is pretty good. beats me. That was at a jog. If I could get enough air, I could run faster.

That's impressive. I can barely manage 10 minute miles for 2 miles. :fly:

SpangeMonkee said:

Very true on the boxers. Nothing like squishing your nuts while running. So how's the thongs treating you?