Thread I'm fskng livid!!!

Arent you on drugs for a diagnosis that starts with p? You said you were

didn't think we were talking about my issues. don't think that applies to this situation though. all is for naught anyway. fucking boots shipped today anyway, despite me trying all night last night and today to cancel the order

didn't think we were talking about my issues. don't think that applies to this situation though. all is for naught anyway. fucking boots shipped today anyway, despite me trying all night last night and today to cancel the order

Good. Then you can follow the fine advice of thorn and the squad. Maybe your marriage can have just one angry twat instead of two, if only by accident.

Also, think about this. You have kids. You are setting an example to act like a frigging angry, little child at Christmas time when gifts don't go their ways. Whether it's giving or receiving. Certainly not the "cozy Christmas spirit" one should grow up with.

Where I'm going with that is, I've bought myself birthday presents or christmas presents before. If he's a shitty gifter, he probably already knows it. If he's not, and that came outta nowhere, then either he's a shitty gifter and she's hid her disdain in the past, or she just really wanted the boots and used that as justification for having bought them.
OMG AUGUST..

you sure seem to be doing quite the job writing the other story to make him look like the complete bad guy, without any supporting reason to do so.

Basically, you are calling DoubleJ a liar, for no reason, and now also painting him as a shitty husband, all to make sure you can justify your point of view.

Several years in a row, my boyfriend/husband not only didn't get me anything for birthday/christmas/valentine's day, which, I mean, it's not a big deal, I wouldn't have expected anything anyway, except for the fact that he built it up. "Oh yeah," he'd tell me, "I got you the best present ever. It was on backorder, though, so it might take a little while to come in." He'd keep up the ruse for months at a time, until finally admitting he hadn't gotten anything. He said he didn't know what to get me, and hoped that he'd come up with something, and then finally just gave up. This has happened several times. I'm not stupid, it's not like I didn't think that was happening after the first few times, but he kept swearing that it wasn't. He's gotten better at it, and I think I've finally driven home the important part: it's not that I need presents, it's that he purposely got my hopes up about them and then didn't follow through. If he'd said "let's not do anything for Christmas" or "I had/am having a hard time figuring out what to get you" I would have been cool.

Also, he has no excuse for not knowing what to get me because I keep a want.txt file in my documents, and he knows about it and has had me send it to him, he just didn't like any of the things on the list, so despite the fact that it was supposed to be for me, not him, he claimed he couldn't come up with anything :lol:

Where I'm going with that is, I've bought myself birthday presents or christmas presents before. If he's a shitty gifter, he probably already knows it. If he's not, and that came outta nowhere, then either he's a shitty gifter and she's hid her disdain in the past, or she just really wanted the boots and used that as justification for having bought them.
:(

Several years in a row, my boyfriend/husband not only didn't get me anything for birthday/christmas/valentine's day, which, I mean, it's not a big deal, I wouldn't have expected anything anyway, except for the fact that he built it up. "Oh yeah," he'd tell me, "I got you the best present ever. It was on backorder, though, so it might take a little while to come in." He'd keep up the ruse for months at a time, until finally admitting he hadn't gotten anything. He said he didn't know what to get me, and hoped that he'd come up with something, and then finally just gave up. This has happened several times. I'm not stupid, it's not like I didn't think that was happening after the first few times, but he kept swearing that it wasn't. He's gotten better at it, and I think I've finally driven home the important part: it's not that I need presents, it's that he purposely got my hopes up about them and then didn't follow through. If he'd said "let's not do anything for Christmas" or "I had/am having a hard time figuring out what to get you" I would have been cool.

Also, he has no excuse for not knowing what to get me because I keep a want.txt file in my documents, and he knows about it and has had me send it to him, he just didn't like any of the things on the list, so despite the fact that it was supposed to be for me, not him, he claimed he couldn't come up with anything :lol:

:heart::heart::heart:

ITT we post crappy things about our relationships with smiley faces and laughs.

He's great about pretty much everything else, and I can't judge him for this because I've had similar issues, though about different things.

Before I found what I was really interested in school, I failed a lot of classes. Some of them were online classes that I'd just... forget about. Some of them were classes I'd go to school for, and not understand a damn thing, and then get backed up on the homework. Of course, resources were available to me for the latter, it's not like my school didn't offer tutoring or anything, I just wouldn't take advantage of them. And he'd ask how school was going, and I'd say "oh, just fine" or "great" or some variation thereof. And even though it wasn't going great, I didn't feel like it was bad/wrong/badong to say that, because in my mind, I was going to turn it around, so by the time it really mattered, it really WOULD be fine. And then I'd fail, and he was like wtf?

The presents thing isn't a big deal to me. It was frustrating more than anything to have that buildup and no follow through. I spent months imagining what amazing thing could be so difficult to get only to find out it didn't exist. But this year, he bought me a car. And he does lots of other awesome and wonderful stuff all during the parts of the year that don't involve presents. So, while he does things sometimes that seem pretty un-nice, I can understand how it happened, and though I was cranky at the time, it's not really a big deal, and it shouldn't be.

He's great about pretty much everything else, and I can't judge him for this because I've had similar issues, though about different things.

Before I found what I was really interested in school, I failed a lot of classes. Some of them were online classes that I'd just... forget about. Some of them were classes I'd go to school for, and not understand a damn thing, and then get backed up on the homework. Of course, resources were available to me for the latter, it's not like my school didn't offer tutoring or anything, I just wouldn't take advantage of them. And he'd ask how school was going, and I'd say "oh, just fine" or "great" or some variation thereof. And even though it wasn't going great, I didn't feel like it was bad/wrong/badong to say that, because in my mind, I was going to turn it around, so by the time it really mattered, it really WOULD be fine. And then I'd fail, and he was like wtf?

The presents thing isn't a big deal to me. It was frustrating more than anything to have that buildup and no follow through. I spent months imagining what amazing thing could be so difficult to get only to find out it didn't exist. But this year, he bought me a car. And he does lots of other awesome and wonderful stuff all during the parts of the year that don't involve presents. So, while he does things sometimes that seem pretty un-nice, I can understand how it happened, and though I was cranky at the time, it's not really a big deal, and it shouldn't be.

Except that he hates all your internet friends solely because theyre from the internet :D

The only answer here is to trade the boots for sex with a stripper. You know your path sir