Thread If you got sent back in time 500 years, how could you change things?

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011
Marklar
₥55,037
Or would you even? Its always an option to just live in that time.

I think i could reasonably make some electricity, some good gunpowder, and with some help, start catalyzing and fractioning oil to make gasoline, lp, plastics (if i could get the catalysts), etc.

I would know about germs, and washing hands, sewing up wounds, etc. Could even birth some babies if I had to.

So, we're gonna end up with Tre day instead of columbus day eh?

And America will all be canada?

the year 1515
Id have a lot fewer neighbors , thats for sure
And id be good with that
the year 1515
Id have a lot fewer neighbors , thats for sure
And id be good with that

10 fucking four to that.

I guess thats an element i didnt address.... if you're stuck in your same location, everyone but djbrenton and dory are pretty much screwed. No way you're gonna live crossing the ocean

10 fucking four to that.

I guess thats an element i didnt address.... if you're stuck in your same location, everyone but djbrenton and dory are pretty much screwed. No way you're gonna live crossing the ocean

My current location, Id be the only white guy for 1000 mile radius
not a big deal, just sayin
The locals may take exception and decide to skewer me

eh, out your way, white dudes havent started fucking shit up yet, so you're probably just gonna be an outcast that they think is diseased and too pale.

I feel like the ability to catalyze and fraction oil, and the ability to produce strong reliable magnets are pretty much what most advances are made on.

Lodestone is an okayish magnet, knowing how to make better ones could go a long way.

Like a printed collection? I wonder how may volumes that would be

if i could, yeah. If there was a weight limit or something, a copy on a kindle, then i would immediately start transcribing important entries, starting with the ones that would help me make electricity to charge the kindle.