Thread If you got sent back in time 500 years, how could you change things?

Stuck in Phoenix without ac? First thing is do is steal a horse and travel to California. Start mining gold and stashing it.

I'm sure you could design some sort of ruggedized/waterproof/solar charged/supercap powered/etc indestructible tablet to bring back wikipedia, except chances are you'll accidentally break it in short order.

I'm with drool - I'll bring back a gun, chainsaw and collection of one-liners.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
Or would you even? Its always an option to just live in that time.

I think i could reasonably make some electricity, some good gunpowder, and with some help, start catalyzing and fractioning oil to make gasoline, lp, plastics (if i could get the catalysts), etc.

the question is, if you can go back 500 years, why not just go back, say, 30 years, where your immediately knowledge can be used to the most self benefit?

I'm sure you could design some sort of ruggedized/waterproof/solar charged/supercap powered/etc indestructible tablet to bring back wikipedia, except chances are you'll accidentally break it in short order.

I'm with drool - I'll bring back a gun, chainsaw and collection of one-liners.

Boomstick for the win.

like i said, if we're in our current locations, that entirely changes the game. I was assuming at first you could get to europe somehow. Or china i guess.

With the right timing, i might be able to find one of the european landing parties here, the chesapeake was a good way to get inland, and i might be able to get back to england on a ship.
Dude, you would likely be dead by the time European settlers got to that area. It was 1604, 1606 before Jamestown?

Stuck in Phoenix without ac? First thing is do is steal a horse and travel to California. Start mining gold and stashing it.

in 1515 the number of horses on this side of the planet would have numbered in the dozens, maybe hundreds at most. all of which would have been in florida or in the carribean

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm disappointed, robit. I expected a specific set of conditions to follow.

1. Where did I appear?

2. Am I naked or did anything come back with me?

3. Was my appearance in 1515 witnessed by anyone?

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
I'm disappointed, robit. I expected a specific set of conditions to follow.

1. Where did I appear?

2. Am I naked or did anything come back with me?

3. Was my appearance in 1515 witnessed by anyone?

Ok, lets go with the original intent

1) You appear in london, england
2) naked
3) no

that goes for all of you. english in the 1500s would have sounded very different than it does today, communication would have been difficult. without any clothes you'll be treated as a crazy person at worst and at best another one of the many beggars

no money, no knowledge of the area, no way to get access to resources without stealing them and most of us would not be able to pull that off for long before getting caught

you'd either die on the street or in a jail cell but most likely it'll be cholera because london was marinating in its own shit