If someone here would die, what would we do?

Thorn Bird said:
i don't think it's fair to be asking for what you want when you're dead. it's not for you the memorial service is for...it's for the ones you left behind.

my uncle died about two months ago. he told everyone that he didnt want a memorial service. we're all at the hospital after he died and my grandfather, his dad, says, "well, it's not like it'll kill him if we have one."

thrawn said:
my uncle died about two months ago. he told everyone that he didnt want a memorial service. we're all at the hospital after he died and my grandfather, his dad, says, "well, it's not like it'll kill him if we have one."

:lol: i'd like to think that when you go, you acquire a higher sense of understanding. hopefully, your uncle completely understood. :)

Sarcasmo said:
Just do what the Vikings did. Set them on fire and walk away.

I was about to post that...I want one of you jokers to steal my body from my family and give me a viking funeral

b_sinning said:
When I die one day I don't want the church memorial service where some preacher I barely knew uses my death as an excuse as a sermon. I'd rather everyone get together and party their asses off. Maybe when everyone is tipsy take turns telling stories of either how they loved me or hated me and after your story you have to do a shot.

Well said. Ditto.

ChikkenNoodul said:
[Serious mode]

With this group? There'd probably be a ton of poignant stuff written, and several people would actually go to the memorial services.

And LOTS of memorial toasts, I'm sure...

[/Serious]
Noone would go to mine, I'm not from the "ATL" you know that's what's up for real...

(?)

Edit: Visker would go, he knows the score.

Last edited:
Galen said:
Noone would go to mine, I'm not from the "ATL" you know that's what's up for real...

(?)

I'd go to yours, just because you're a bastard. :heart:

Galen said:

(?)

I'd go

1) It's a fucking good excuse to visit Ireland
2) *working on it*

If someone from here died, and if I could afford it, I'd probably try to make it to the funeral. Mostly because it would be a way to get Kiwi to stop badgering me about taking a vacation.

I'm surprised no one connected my god-like BF2 prowess to me being the one who dies playing a game. I'm kind of disappointed to be honest. :(

Well, you haven't been around much lately. Althoguh the thought did cross my mind that you'd be the first to die around here. But, not for your gaming. I figured you'd be the first for trying to take your gaming skills to the street....you know, the victim of a freak sniper crossfire or something. :fly:

Bubbles said:
Well, you haven't been around much lately. Althoguh the thought did cross my mind that you'd be the first to die around here. But, not for your gaming. I figured you'd be the first for trying to take your gaming skills to the street....you know, the victim of a freak sniper crossfire or something. :fly:

Story time:

In my younger years (19) I regularly went to LAN parties with the same group of 10-15 guys for almost 2 years. We literally played one night a week for 5 or 6 hours each night. On one of our weekend "marathon" LANs we played Counter-Strike (with some Starcraft mingled in) for a good 10 hours straight at the end of which we were all pretty tired and tore everything down to go home. My buddy (this is actually the guy who has since cheated on his wife with multiple partners and tried unsuccessfully to get into the pr0n business) opened the door and then immediately jumped back against the wall beside the door, looking all over the place outside as if he was threatened by something out there, and when he realized what he had done tried to explain it with "I was worried about sniper fire." The game world and the real world had apparently fused themself together for him that night after such a long game session. It was priceless. :fly: