I watched Amazing Race last night ... wow

Thorn Bird said:
i'm a good christian, and i don't think it's a choice.

Then you aren't included in my statement. :p You're not avoiding the obvious.

Certainly, being gay can be a choice. The Spartans proved that, as they were expected to be gay. They thought the attachment to other men made them fight harder. They kicked ass for a long time, so they may have been right...

fly said:

Certainly, being gay can be a choice. QUOTE]

then next time, say what you mean. you're sentence gave an "all or nothing" vibe. :p

oh, it's very trendy to be gay these days. and you're right, being gay CAN be a choice for some. but not ALL gay people CHOOSE it.
i did a paper on it long ago, and they found that on the X chromosome of gay males, there was a slight difference when compared to a straight man's X. and, if i remember correctly, it is the hypothalamus that is smaller in a gay man's brain compared to a straight man's.

Thorn Bird said:
then next time, say what you mean. you're sentence gave an "all or nothing" vibe. :p

"People who think that its a choice..."

That's not you. :heart:

And I totally agree on the science, but you can't argue with those people, as they just ignore good science.

Thorn Bird said:
fly said:

Certainly, being gay can be a choice. QUOTE]

oh, it's very trendy to be gay these days. and you're right, being gay CAN be a choice for some. but not ALL gay people CHOOSE it.
i did a paper on it long ago, and they found that on the X chromosome of gay males, there was a slight difference when compared to a straight man's X. and, if i remember correctly, it is the hypothalamus that is smaller in a gay man's brain compared to a straight man's.

I read that research too. I never found any research on lesbian women though and how their brains differ. Did you?

fly said:
"People who think that its a choice..."

That's not you. :heart:

doh. you're right. i didn't read it correctly, i guess. it was late, c'mon. :heart:

(for the record, i read it as the people who think it's a choice are THE christians (meaning all of them)...)

eileenbunny said:
Thorn Bird said:
I read that research too. I never found any research on lesbian women though and how their brains differ. Did you?

my research was years ago, and i believe they were starting with the gay male and had not gotten to the lesbian. i'm sure that's changed, but i haven't followed the research. i can ask around, though.

eileenbunny said:
my research was years ago, and i believe they were starting with the gay male and had not gotten to the lesbian. i'm sure that's changed, but i haven't followed the research. i can ask around, though.
Is there something wrong with the quoting system?