I watched Amazing Race last night ... wow

eileenbunny said:
What is it about this place anyway? Racial slurs of any kind, even in jokes, are not tolerated, but gay jokes are no big deal at all?
Its real easy for me. If I wouldn't say it to someone's face in real life, I wouldn't say it here either.

I've been accused of being gay or doing something that would be normally attributed to gays by homosexuals. I can make a gay joke to my gay friends, and as long as its in semi-good taste, they laugh.

I couldn't imagine going up to a black friend/co-worker and calling him a n word. Its not something thats funny to them.

theacoustician said:
Its real easy for me. If I wouldn't say it to someone's face in real life, I wouldn't say it here either.

I've been accused of being gay or doing something that would be normally attributed to gays by homosexuals. I can make a gay joke to my gay friends, and as long as its in semi-good taste, they laugh.

I couldn't imagine going up to a black friend/co-worker and calling him a n word. Its not something thats funny to them.

People think I'm gay all the time too. Just because I like to go shopping, drink with my pinky up, and have rainbow stickers all over my car. Whatever, you know?

Sarcasmo said:
People think I'm gay all the time too. Just because I like to go shopping, drink with my pinky up, and have rainbow stickers all over my car. Whatever, you know?

:lol:

theacoustician said:

I guess I have a different kind of relationship with my friends then. I agree with you, there is no way I'd say anything here that I wouldn't say to someone's face. I would walk up to one of my black friends and call them a "n word" though. Then they'd giggle at me and say it sounds funny when I say the word and they'd be right about that.

eileenbunny said:
I guess I have a different kind of relationship with my friends then. I agree with you, there is no way I'd say anything here that I wouldn't say to someone's face. I would walk up to one of my black friends and call them a "n word" though. Then they'd giggle at me and say it sounds funny when I say the word and they'd be right about that.
Uhh, yeah - but you're a white girl.

A white guy does that and he has knuckle scrapings for teeth

Sarcasmo said:

Actually the rainbow stickers are no longer used on cars. Just the yellow equal sign on a blue background. (Yes I live in an area that's probably about 20-30% gay in population)

Coqui said:
Actually the rainbow stickers are no longer used on cars. Just the yellow equal sign on a blue background. (Yes I live in an area that's probably about 20-30% gay in population)

Is that what that means? I've seen a bunch of them. I thought it was some kind of nautical flag. Thank goodness you're so mysteriously up on gay culture, Coqui.