Ontopic I thought that ....

Rich and poor people are both equally unhappy. It's not the money, its the life one chooses to live. You want to live with a wife beater, take a job at McD's or feel hollow inside because your friends use you for money? Doesn't matter on the $$ ladder. :)

I know some wealthy people who are absolutely miserable :lol:

And I've met some dirt poor folks who were far more successful.

can we go ahead and put to bed the relevance of quotes from people who lived 200+ years ago coupled with the fact that the industrial revolution was in its infancy at best when they died? they could not have foreseen where we are now and they would not advocate you quoting them so entirely out of context for modern times. you might as well be quoting the bible

can we go ahead and put to bed the relevance of quotes from people who lived 200+ years ago coupled with the fact that the industrial revolution was in its infancy at best when they died? they could not have foreseen where we are now and they would not advocate you quoting them so entirely out of context for modern times. you might as well be quoting the bible

I'm sure he has an anecdote to respond to this with.

Np because those words are as relevant today as they were 200+ years ago. Just like the Founding Fathers using the ideas and philosophy of men like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle ,Cicero and the Bible . When they founded this great nation.

Np because those words are as relevant today as they were 200+ years ago. Just like the Founding Fathers using the ideas and philosophy of men like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle ,Cicero and the Bible . When they founded this great nation.

you know what they all had in common? everyone from aristotle to washington rode around on a horse, had no electricity, no internet, no tv, etc. they were scarcely born in different eras from that standpoint. they might as well have lived 5000 years ago for all they legitimately matter now. hanging onto some romanticized ideals from 100s and 1000s of years ago is the equivalent of a woman being swept away by a novel with fabio on the cover. you're deluded at best

you know what they all had in common? everyone from aristotle to washington rode around on a horse, had no electricity, no internet, no tv, etc. they were scarcely born in different eras from that standpoint. they might as well have lived 5000 years ago for all they legitimately matter now. hanging onto some romanticized ideals from 100s and 1000s of years ago is the equivalent of a woman being swept away by a novel with fabio on the cover. you're deluded at best

I dunno dude, Fabio is pretty dreamy

In the last 5000 years, the basic nature of man has not changed. No matter what the level of technology is. You lose yet again.

Last edited:
In the last 5000 years, the basic nature of man has not changed. No matter what the level of technology is. You lose yet again.

This comment is silly. We can't even agree to what the nature of man is. Let alone that it has not changed over time.

Yes, God/the Bible gives us our basic moral laws. However God also gives us Free Will. Whether or not we follow God's or man's laws is up to us. We must be willing to accept the consequences of our actions. God never wanted slaves/robots.

Am I understanding you that without the Bible, we'd all be raping and killing each other?

(I haven't read the last 10 pages, if this was covered.)

Yes, God/the Bible gives us our basic moral laws. However God also gives us Free Will. Whether or not we follow God's or man's laws is up to us. We must be willing to accept the consequences of our actions. God never wanted slaves/robots.

Funny, because the most religious people around the world have been the most oppressive people. The more devote, the more oppressive. I'm sorry but you have been lied to most of your life, and you haven't woken up to figure out it's all bullshit.