I screwed a pig

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
Grinding deer meat this weekend with the grinder attachment on my wife's Kitchenaid and it stopped working. Crap. Now, I know what the problem is because I looked it up. All it is is a nylon worm gear that is DESIGNED to fail when the mixer has worked too hard so that it saves the rest of the motor. It's a 1 hour fix with a $5 part. That was beside the point. The fact that I didn't take care with one of her most prized posessions was the main issue. I appologized and promised to fix it within the week. Best I could do. I'm still in the doghouse though.

Re: I screwed up big

shit breaks. not the first time nor the last. tell her to worry about something important if she has to worry at all.

Im surprised you are allowed to touch anything at all. How is that truck running for you?
There is some goober on FordSix claiming he is getting 30MPG.

Im surprised you are allowed to touch anything at all. How is that truck running for you?
There is some goober on FordSix claiming he is getting 30MPG.

That is not me. I can push almost to 19mpg if I use a bottle of Regane and drive like a granny never getting above 50mph. Brakes need bled but, the bleeder screws are damn near welded on. 4 treatments of PB Blaster and they still don't budge. 2 of them are stripped out too. Can't even get a wrench on them. Going to have to take that somewhere to have them removed and replaced. It is beyond my ability at this point

Get yourself a propane torch.
Turn it on, put the very tip of the inner cone of the flame on the bleeder.

Leave it there, play it back and forth, etc. But just heat it for a while.
After, get the best lock pliers you have and tighten them down enough that you have to use another set of pliers to close them (there is a correct way to put pliers on as well, I will show later.) Then twist the bleeder on out. You will destroy the old ines doing this

Honestly, the calipers should be cheap enough that you can just replace them and not worry about paying someone to remove the bleeders.
Then install anti-seize on the new ones.

Wow, put your pants back on and tell her to stfu and milk the hogs.

Or whatever.

Can you milk hogs? Anyway, she needs to be reminded who pays for $5 gears in that family. And who milks the hogs.

So wait. Was this before or after the blowjob.

Was the blowjob punishment?

Are you some kind of hom-oe-sexual?

I broke it. Then got the epic blowjob. Then told her about the broken mixer. That's why I'm in such trouble.
Sounds like you already won.

Besides, as waw said, shit breaks. She needs to chill out. A mixer is pretty trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Don't worry about it.

That gear simply wears out - the teeth wear thin with use, weaken, and eventually they break. I've got a fairly old KitchenAid that sees almost daily use (I bake my own bread) and I go through one every 4-5 years. I keep a spare one in the cupboard, and it's a pretty simple procedure to replace the gear.