I now pronounce you joined in matrimony. You may celebrate your union

Me of course ;)

I am the one with a bit of Scot in me.

Well, I have a bit of Dutch and a bit of Mexican and a bit of whatever else chim is in me every so often, but you get the gist. :heart:

that was such a set up...do you want some more scot in you? :p

congrats dude <3

honestly, i think the thread title is the best option ive ever heard.

Some other options from the other forum include:

"By the power vested in me, you are now eternally bound in love."

"By the words David and Tim have spoken to each other and the vows they have taken together, in front of their friends and family today, it is my pleasure to pronounce them joined together in matrimony"

"And by the power invested in me by the province of Ontario, i now pronounce you joined as one, in matrimony...you may kiss the groom."

My wife and I actually used a same-sex ceremony for our wedding, which was non-denominational, I'll see if I can find what was said, I'll check the video out tonight maybe.

Comedy option: "I now pronounce you Mister and Fister"

You should also play the Imperial March when you enter the wedding area. My wife wouldn't let me, even though her dad thought it was an awesome idea.

"By The Power of Greyskull! You have the power!"

He-man.jpg

My wife and I actually used a same-sex ceremony for our wedding, which was non-denominational, I'll see if I can find what was said, I'll check the video out tonight maybe.

Found it:

(Partner 1) and (Partner 2), we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage. We recognize and respect the covenant you have made here this day before each one of us as witnesses. Therefore in the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today and by the power vested in me by the Province of Ontario, it is my honour and delight to declare you married and partners in life...for life.

You may seal your vows with a kiss.

edit: Where in Ontario are you getting hitched?

Found it:

(Partner 1) and (Partner 2), we have heard your promise to share your lives in marriage. We recognize and respect the covenant you have made here this day before each one of us as witnesses. Therefore in the honesty and sincerity of what you have said and done here today and by the power vested in me by the Province of Ontario, it is my honour and delight to declare you married and partners in life...for life.

You may seal your vows with a kiss.

edit: Where in Ontario are you getting hitched?

Niagara or Toronto region.

it sounds like you already have some great choices! it needs to be said what needs to be said. i like tre's a lot, too.

I was at a gay wedding last year, but I can't remember what the getting-you-married-talking-person said-- I'm pretty sure it was an open bar, though. Oh! And the food was pretty good. Oh, and I think I talked to some guy about computers and Star Wars. Maybe Eileen remembers the officiant said.