I have sleep AIDS.

than*

It depends a lot on the personal philosophy of the practitioner and where they were trained and blah. There are obviously issues that such a thing could deal with but it shouldnt be confused with a science. It's more like a system of theraputic techniques, like, massage.

'Fringe science' is one of those stupid phrases invented to give something the legitimacy because people hear the word 'science.' I hate the press.

than*

It depends a lot on the personal philosophy of the practitioner and where they were trained and blah. There are obviously issues that such a thing could deal with but it shouldnt be confused with a science. It's more like a system of theraputic techniques, like, massage.

'Fringe science' is one of those stupid phrases invented to give something the legitimacy because people hear the word 'science.' I hate the press.

* shouldn't
* therapeutic

:p

That would be like a definition with the colon. I felt it was more of an introduction (a parenthetical phrase) "Psychology" and then my commentary. An em dash could be right but they usually get interpreted as a unfinished idea.

Garner's Modern American Usage, Oxford, 2003, p. 655

"I sense something; a presence I have not felt since—"

-Darth Vader kekekeke

Too emotional to continue.

Dude, thorny and I have a long history of discussing english grammar topics. I never corrected everyone. I can go into full copy editing mode. It wont be pretty.

This started all before you came back, because there were a couple people who have since left that decided it would be a good idea to argue with me about US History and other stuff.

I might point out that Darth Vader also made full use of a semi colon. Something not many people ever figure out how to do.

I never use apostrophes for contractions. (Search)

I knew therapeutic was wrong. Didnt bother to go back and change it. I didnt correct out of spite, that's just what I was thinking about when I started typing my response.

I might also ask a question. Which is more annoying?

'Your' in place of 'Youre'

or

"Youre" in place of "You're"

i really think you should put a dash or colon after "psychology."

*nods yes

That would be like a definition with the colon. I felt it was more of an introduction (a parenthetical phrase) "Psychology" and then my commentary. An em dash could be right but they usually get interpreted as a unfinished idea.

Garner's Modern American Usage, Oxford, 2003, p. 655

yes, yes we do. :heart: i quite enjoy it! :D

move along.. take it somewhere else.