Food I found something amazing

I would want to correct my allergy to bananas too, but how do you really do that? How do you test the theory? Last time I ate a banana I almost died. How does this work?

Omg, good point!! Mine doesn't happen until like 6 hours or so later. Then, it hits me all at once. Massive migraine, throwing up, dizzy, ETC. Horrid.

your world is topsy turvy when you think fruit isn't good for you

no amount of powders and protein shakes are going to help if you follow simplistic - and profoundly wrong - ideas like that

Omg, good point!! Mine doesn't happen until like 6 hours or so later. Then, it hits me all at once. Massive migraine, throwing up, dizzy, ETC. Horrid.

I feel for you - I get that way with onions. I start off with stomach pain and headache and it gets worse to horrible levels. I avoid as much as possible now. Taking Benadryl helps if I accidentally ingest a little but not a whole lot.

I admit when it comes to allergies or strong intolerances even I wouldn't be messing with this without a doctor. Especially if it is more life threatening and not just annoying like my issue.

Last edited:
your world is topsy turvy when you think fruit isn't good for you

no amount of powders and protein shakes are going to help if you follow simplistic - and profoundly wrong - ideas like that

Fructose is something you want to avoid if you want to cut fat dude. If you disagree, please read the four hour body and tell me why his reasoning is wrong. Seemed to make sense to me...

Fructose is something you want to avoid if you want to cut fat dude. If you disagree, please read the four hour body and tell me why his reasoning is wrong. Seemed to make sense to me...

From your own link:

The diet is just a mishmash of other diet routines, basically Atkins plus paleo with a dash of South Beach Diet. There are important flaws in the diet that should be pointed out. He recommends carbohydrates from beans instead of "white carbohydrates", hence the "slow-carb" diet. This relies on a bunch of old data regarding glycemic index. The reality about carbohydrate digestion is very different. Carbohydrate digestion is so important that it begins IN THE MOUTH with salivary amylase. Whether you eat a slice of Wonder Bread or a handful of garbanzo beans, the breakdown of these sugars into the body's currency of glucose is extremely rapid and effective regardless of which form you ingest it in. I have tried this myself using continuous glucose monitoring as recommended in the book. The only way I have found to blunt the sugar rise is simultaneous ingestion of a good quantity of fat. Also, can a diet really be paleo without milk or dairy? And did early Homo sapiens farm for beans and lentils?

The blood sugar response data in the book is flawed by a misunderstanding of how continuous blood glucose monitoring (CGM) works. He notes "it turned out foods and liquids took much, much longer to get to my bloodstream than one would expect." But the DexCom SEVEN implant he was using has a 20-30 minute delay between the blood sugar reading you get on a finger stick, and the blood sugar reading on the machine sensor. That is, there is a BUILT IN DELAY (check some online diabetic forums for more info on this) because capillary blood from fingersticks shows changes much faster and more accurately than the interstitial fluid surrounding the implant. So, as noted, sugar responses are actually very fast. Drink that protein shake right before or after the workout, not 1 hour prior like he says.