I don't want to blog

thrawn said:
then it needs to be made clear that there is a need for a person who can manage for a few days without you, whether that be your boss, your boss's boss or the mechanic from the last boat to dock.

We have been trying to get someone in there that I can train to take care of things while I am not there. I don't have a direct manager since she stepped down. I report to the president of the company who cannot use the systems that I have to use to do my job. We have an import manager who used to be my supervisor and who will help out, but she has her own job to do. Hopefully we can get someone in who will learn quickly and maybe I can just run in in the morning dow some downloading and then leave. I don't know. I just don't know. I wish I coudl just be like, screw it. I don't care. But I take pride in doing a good job. I take resposibilty for it. Thats just how I am.

Drool-Boy said:
I should go into customer service.
I bet I could eventually get all the customers to quit calling and bugging us:cool:

i bet i could do that while losing business, having a good laugh, making fun of other employees, annoying everyone within a half mile radius and generally pissing off those lacking a sense of humor and sarcasm.

waiiiitaaa minute, i think i just described a typical day.

JJ Lady said:
We have been trying to get someone in there that I can train to take care of things while I am not there. I don't have a direct manager since she stepped down. I report to the president of the company who cannot use the systems that I have to use to do my job. We have an import manager who used to be my supervisor and who will help out, but she has her own job to do. Hopefully we can get someone in who will learn quickly and maybe I can just run in in the morning dow some downloading and then leave. I don't know. I just don't know. I wish I coudl just be like, screw it. I don't care. But I take pride in doing a good job. I take resposibilty for it. Thats just how I am.

how long has it been going on for, the lack of help or retaining help?

Get a paralegal degree, and make real money in a real job. In demand all over the country.

Edit: except probably Savannah. That would be too convenient.

thrawn said:
then it needs to be made clear that there is a need for a person who can manage for a few days without you, whether that be your boss, your boss's boss or the mechanic from the last boat to dock.

mother fucking troof. You have no idea how many times I've complained about this. Even when we were on our honeymoon, she had to call in every single day, from Mexico! It's great that she is really good at her job, but if the company can't survive a few days without you there, something is wrong.

JJ Lady said:
I work in international shipping/transportation. Mainly Export. I am a supervisor of customer service right now. Dealing with steamship lines (both container and breakbulk), customers, truckers, assisting in the implementation of a new SAP system with a major paper shipper. All kinds of fun stuff like that.
SAP implementation :fly:

JJ Lady said:
Problem is that there is no one else to do my job.
Then guess who ACTUALLY has who by the balls? As employees, I think most people (myself included) seem to forget the powers they can wield over an employer. Instead of feeling trapped, feel empowered. You are now in control of making demands to accomodate you.

Grab the helm at that job and make sure that you are compensated, somehow. Be it, time off, extra pay, free lunch, long lunch, etc. There are tons of ways. Find one! Specifically, find one that will allow you to party with us that weekend.

fly said:
Then guess who ACTUALLY has who by the balls? As employees, I think most people (myself included) seem to forget the powers they can wield over an employer. Instead of feeling trapped, feel empowered. You are now in control of making demands to accomodate you.

Grab the helm at that job and make sure that you are compensated, somehow. Be it, time off, extra pay, free lunch, long lunch, etc. There are tons of ways. Find one! Specifically, find one that will allow you to party with us that weekend.

thats it. when you are valuable to an employer they will find a way to oblige...if you make them. otherwise, they will more than likely abuse their resources.

KNYTE said:
I'm taking May 19th and 20th off for religious reasons.

edit:
dookuduelanim.gif

i love you sir :heart:

thrawn said:
thats it. when you are valuable to an employer they will find a way to oblige...if you make them. otherwise, they will more than likely abuse their resources.
Exactly. And if you're reporting to the President, cause even the manager stepped down, its time to start making some demands. I'd start with demanding the manager's job...

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Wanna hire me ?
I could be your naughty secretary ;)

Yes!!

fly said:
Exactly. And if you're reporting to the President, cause even the manager stepped down, its time to start making some demands. I'd start with demanding the manager's job...

AT this point in time I don't have time to be the manager but once we get some help I may very well do that.

Oh and SAP sucks!

I've been trying to get her to go talk to the boss but she won't. I think her boyfriend keeps telling her not to and that is why she is not doing it. This sucks! I'm depressed :(

So I go to lunch today and come back and she is gone. I figure she has gone to lunch. Nope! I check my email and she says that she is just gonna go ahead and go. Didn't have the balls to face me. Did stay till the 29th like she said! Damn it! Doesn't anyone have integrity?