I am Fsking Crying Over Here V. BP Oil Affected Animals

well, it's a 10x10x10 air conditioned spot. probably 1/4 of it is records, most of which I should probably get rid of. but it's literally 75% full to the ceiling.

i'm hoping to get my detached garage/future mancave insulated and sealed up good with a window AC unit this summer and move it all back to the house.

well, it's a 10x10x10 air conditioned spot. probably 1/4 of it is records, most of which I should probably get rid of. but it's literally 75% full to the ceiling.

i'm hoping to get my detached garage/future mancave insulated and sealed up good with a window AC unit this summer and move it all back to the house.

You are a pack rat.

tumblr_l3lp2bPHY41qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

i'm still all for drill baby drill. just need to issue the permits closer to shore instead in 5000 feet of fucking water. if the thing would've been in 300'-400' of water instead we could've sent commercial divers down there with sledge hammers to beat the damn thing shut. but those oil rigs are unsitely to beaches so lets keep pushing them 40 miles offshore into unworkable depths where they'll go at it anyways.

the other day I noticed all the articles on the US sites were about the cleanup, all the ones on the UK sites were about the possibility of BP going bankrupt and how many billions in taxes they'll lose.

Is it so unimaginable to give benefits to companies that will produce products that use green energy? Start driving away from oil?

nothings greener than nuclear power.

know whats not green? you and fly and your cats living in that oversized drafty suburban house with shit contractor windows installed, poor insulation, pretty flowers for landscaping instead of bushes or something that can actually help your home be more energy efficient... corporate america can do everything in their power to be more green (and very much do these days), it's us suckers sitting at home consuming massive amounts of energy to heat/cool those 3 spare bedrooms and basement we never go into that's killing us. mpg doesn't mean shit when you're using up so much uneeded energy at home.

know whats not green? you and fly and your cats living in that oversized drafty suburban house with shit contractor windows installed, poor insulation, pretty flowers for landscaping instead of bushes or something that can actually help your home be more energy efficient... corporate america can do everything in their power to be more green (and very much do these days), it's us suckers sitting at home consuming massive amounts of energy to heat/cool those 3 spare bedrooms and basement we never go into that's killing us. mpg doesn't mean shit when you're using up so much uneeded energy at home.

Interesting that you think Tampa needs double glazing and loft insulation.

The nuclear thing isn't new information.... to me at least. :hs:

We could do much better green-wise, but it is expensive or limiting in other ways. That shouldn't be an excuse; its just that America sets you up for failure. It's the same thing with the food industry.

We haven't had a decent lawn/shrubbery/flowers since we moved in so we can call that being green. :lol: (Our HOA gets on to us from time to time.)
We've added more insulation in the attic to save some energy.
The appliances are all energystar/high efficiency... if that means anything. :wackit:
We only have one room that isn't used daily... guest bedroom.
We definitely need to upgrade the windows, fill in the skylight
We recycle!

I think we're doing better than the majority of Americans...but yeah, we can do better. :)

fyi: i was subcontracted to BP for 2 years for a project I did in alaska, spent a lot of time up there and got to see first hand the oil drilling operations up there. my company builds nuclear reactors, wind turbines (soon to be 100% made in the US), and a host of generators used in different types of coal/oil power plants across the US and the world... we make CFL's and everything else. A large portion of my side of the business is to actually make buildings greener, and in doing so we get to see cost vs impact of utilizing a particular technology over it's lifetime. Simply put, if we can't install something that will save enough money in 15-20 (sometimes as little as 5 or less) years to pay for itself and it's maintenance costs, we don't put it in. Makes the building greener financially, as well as energy wise.

Stand underneath a windmill someday and look at all the dead birds. Sure, they arn't covered in oil, they're just smashed.

Go look at ANWR someday. Wildlife preserve... ha!... it's a giant flat peice of ground with half an inch of ice covering it 80% of the year. I spent a few weeks in a BP Basecamp near it. Wind blows ice off of the mountains across the northern slope of alaska... animals don't even like it there. In the summer when it thaws you see birds everywhere completely uneffected by oil rigs. They actually are required to build the pipelines up off of the ground so many feet so it doesn't effect the animals, know what they do? they huddle in mass underneath the damn things cause it blocks wind, puts off heat (the pipelines have heat traces throughout to keep the oil from freezing), and blocks some of the ice from falling on them. Drilling up there is the best thing that's ever happened to the wildlife on the north slope.

Know what the vegetation is like up there? The ONLY TREE on the entire NORTH SLOPE OF ALASKA was located INSIDE OF THE FACILITY I was staying at. like 2" tall prairie grass grows in the very short summer and thats about it.

I'm just ranting now. people make so many generic statements and throw out all these political catchphrases without really knowing anything behind it all... pet peeve I guess.