I am Fsking Crying Over Here V. BP Oil Affected Animals

the only thing worth recycling is aluminum

everything else costs more to recycle than to just make new shit

I know, it sucks... I try to use paper products because at least it is biodegradable. I just found out what a PITA plastic is to recycle so I've been on this anti-plastic kick lately. grrr

Is it so unimaginable to give benefits to companies that will produce products that use green energy? Start driving away from oil?

No, and in addition the tax breaks that oil companies currently get should be recinded.

Nobody should get anything for free, "green" should have to stand on it's own in the marketplace and IT WILL if it's given a chance to.

No, and in addition the tax breaks that oil companies currently get should be recinded.

Nobody should get anything for free, "green" should have to stand on it's own in the marketplace and IT WILL if it's given a chance to.

like I said above, if we can't install something that pays for itself over it's lifetime, we don't put it in. it's a billion dollar industry converting buildings, factories, entire industries into being green, and financing it all on top of it. that means if a building currently pays $50,000/month in utility costs, we basically say 'give us that 50k instead, we'll pay your bills' then we install everything we can to lower their bills. if we can spend $1,000,000 and get their bills down to 40k/month, then in 10 years the stuff we put in has paid for itself and the building owners start to realize the savings. we even garuntee it, so if we only knock their monthly bills down to 49k/month we'll pay the difference... it's called performance contracting. we finance it, and garuntee our performance. gives us work, makes us money, gives the building owner new equipment he desperatly needs, is a source of funding to do it, and in the long run will start saving them money. and it's environmentally friendly on top of all of that.

we use this type of financing to pay for other stuff a building may be in need of too, like a security system or new fire alarm system or new network infrastructure... whatever we can work into the deal based on their savings, and if we can provide it ourselves it's an added bonus and added profit. some buildings are 20 years old and just begging for a 'green' overhaul. we get some blueprints to buildings that were last modified in 1915 so when we go in to replace their boiler plant... holy shit is there some savings to be had.

we recently did a parking lot lighting project where we figured out we could 100% replace all of the parking lights and add in emergency assist stations for a hospital and it'll pay for tiself in 10 years. it's like a 6 million dollar contract.

for some HUD housing apartments we (ok, our subcontractors did, we don't have a toilet division) went in and replaced all the old toilets (using 5 gallons per flush or something) with low flow toilets, along with replacing all the faucets and showerheads for a water savings project that'll pay for itself in 15 years.

the building gets new equipment, and in due time they start seeing huge savings... and we finance the whole thing so there isn't a huge hit or going to the taxpayers or building owner to beg for money first. very simple 'green' concepts that make your wallet greener too... only thing keeping homeowners back is there's nobody to finance it like we do with large commercial/industrial projects.

in otherwords, when done properly, being 'green' already stands on it's own when done properly. spending 10 billion for solar panels in alaska would be an example of something extremely stupid and wastefull to do in an effort to be green, but that's exactly what our government would have us do if we put it off on them.

Yep, that just reinforces what I've been informed/believe.

I don't have a problem doing that kind of stuff with my own money if I know over the long run it'll save, but you're 100% spot on - many people (and our current govt) want to drop ludicrous amounts of money on "green" technology that will be a waste.

Recycling is mostly a scam, but reduce and reuse are still quite valid principles also.

like I said above, if we can't install something that pays for itself over it's lifetime, we don't put it in. it's a billion dollar industry converting buildings, factories, entire industries into being green, and financing it all on top of it. that means if a building currently pays $50,000/month in utility costs, we basically say 'give us that 50k instead, we'll pay your bills' then we install everything we can to lower their bills. if we can spend $1,000,000 and get their bills down to 40k/month, then in 10 years the stuff we put in has paid for itself and the building owners start to realize the savings. we even garuntee it, so if we only knock their monthly bills down to 49k/month we'll pay the difference... it's called performance contracting. we finance it, and garuntee our performance. gives us work, makes us money, gives the building owner new equipment he desperatly needs, is a source of funding to do it, and in the long run will start saving them money. and it's environmentally friendly on top of all of that.

we use this type of financing to pay for other stuff a building may be in need of too, like a security system or new fire alarm system or new network infrastructure... whatever we can work into the deal based on their savings, and if we can provide it ourselves it's an added bonus and added profit. some buildings are 20 years old and just begging for a 'green' overhaul. we get some blueprints to buildings that were last modified in 1915 so when we go in to replace their boiler plant... holy shit is there some savings to be had.

we recently did a parking lot lighting project where we figured out we could 100% replace all of the parking lights and add in emergency assist stations for a hospital and it'll pay for tiself in 10 years. it's like a 6 million dollar contract.

for some HUD housing apartments we (ok, our subcontractors did, we don't have a toilet division) went in and replaced all the old toilets (using 5 gallons per flush or something) with low flow toilets, along with replacing all the faucets and showerheads for a water savings project that'll pay for itself in 15 years.

the building gets new equipment, and in due time they start seeing huge savings... and we finance the whole thing so there isn't a huge hit or going to the taxpayers or building owner to beg for money first. very simple 'green' concepts that make your wallet greener too... only thing keeping homeowners back is there's nobody to finance it like we do with large commercial/industrial projects.

in otherwords, when done properly, being 'green' already stands on it's own when done properly. spending 10 billion for solar panels in alaska would be an example of something extremely stupid and wastefull to do in an effort to be green, but that's exactly what our government would have us do if we put it off on them.

Please come to Cleveland and scale down to homes. The average age of a home there is 80 years old. I am pretty sure every single one of them could benefit from improvements. Of course when the houses themselves cost $30K, it's fairly difficult to find money for $30K in improvements.

all the plastic, aluminum and glass we throw away will all get recycled eventually. We just have to program a bunch of these to collect the stuff and set them loose in all the landfills

2479211189_3a4d63e800.jpg