I always thought a nice pair of tits would kill me........

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
........Not my wife.

She noticed a lump about a month ago and got it checked out yesterday. The breast cancer speciallist told her it was "suspicious" and she has a mammogram and ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. We should get results next week some time.

/blog

Hopefully it all be fine, there's a lot of lumps you can get in areas like breasts that are nothing at all. :)

True. Problem is, it's a lump with many BB sized nodules around it. The breast cancer speciallist that examined her yesterday says there is reason to be concerned. She's only 30 so, hopefully it's just a cyst. Even with a cyst, that increases her chances of developing breast cancer in the future. We should know more next week.

Don't panic. Wait until the diagnosis. There are more than a few reasons a lump can be felt in a breast that aren't BC.

If it is BC, and you are catching it early, then your wife may have some uncomfortable times ahead but a very high survival rate. We handle a large amount of BC patients, and the biggest key is finding it early. Like everything else. But there are also a lot of new treatment options out there.

The one thing to be firm, and will require you to be more supportive than you have ever had to be, is that if it is BC, be very firm in your stance of an aggressive treatment. She will get the benefit of the confidence of getting past it quickly, and a new set of boobs that will rival how they were in her late teens.

Don't panic. Wait until the diagnosis. There are more than a few reasons a lump can be felt in a breast that aren't BC.

If it is BC, and you are catching it early, then your wife may have some uncomfortable times ahead but a very high survival rate. We handle a large amount of BC patients, and the biggest key is finding it early. Like everything else. But there are also a lot of new treatment options out there.

The one thing to be firm, and will require you to be more supportive than you have ever had to be, is that if it is BC, be very firm in your stance of an aggressive treatment. She will get the benefit of the confidence of getting past it quickly, and a new set of boobs that will rival how they were in her late teens.

She was a nurse for many years and took care of many patients on radiation and chemo and said that she would probably opt for the full masectomy. Only about 1-2 months recovery without the complete and total, physical and mental drain that radiation/chemo gives you.

Yeah even if the worst happens I personally know quite a few women who have had breast cancer and they're completely fine now. It's amazing what things they can do nowadays.

Fingers crossed for you and try not to sweat it too much in the meantime. :heart:

She was a nurse for many years and took care of many patients on radiation and chemo and said that she would probably opt for the full masectomy. Only about 1-2 months recovery without the complete and total, physical and mental drain that radiation/chemo gives you.

Oh cool. I didn't know she was an oncology nurse. Couldn't have a better head on her shoulders for the days ahead then.

You both will be fine.

........Not my wife.

She noticed a lump about a month ago and got it checked out yesterday. The breast cancer speciallist told her it was "suspicious" and she has a mammogram and ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow. We should get results next week some time.

/blog

Be happy that she's aware enough of her body to know when somethings wrong and check it out. Early detection can make a world of difference.

Found it early, nothing to worry about. Boobs are useless once you've weaned your kids anyway. (Don't take my Man Card for saying that.)

Found it early, nothing to worry about. Boobs are useless once you've weaned your kids anyway. (Don't take my Man Card for saying that.)

I cry a little inside when someone says boobs are useless beyond feeding children.

I mean, from that line of thought, you could say a vagina is useless once you have gotten pregnant.

I agree with neither of these lines of thought.

Officially they are useless. In terms of recreation (unofficial usage) they are not.

After reviewing the play, the call stands, and the Duke Nukems lose one time out.

Officially they are useless. In terms of recreation (unofficial usage) they are not.

After reviewing the play, the call stands, and the Duke Nukems lose one time out.

I think someone needs to introduce you to the concept of erogenous zones.

Hence, still usefull.

Card suspended.