Thread Husband of 9/11 Hero Returns Woman of the Year Award

So you can factor in the perception of 'being disowned by your parents' in suicide rates.

It's good to know it's chartable. Where is that chart?
Suicide is the third leading cause of death according to the Center for Disease Control. It results in about 4,400 deaths per year. Bullied victims are 7 to 9% more likely to consider suicide according to a study by Yale University. Studies in Britain have found half of the suicides among youth related to bullying.Jul 30, 2014
http://nobullying.com/bullying-suicide-statistics/

The prevalence of suicide attempts among respondents to the National Transgender Discrimination Survey (NTDS), conducted by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force and National Center for Transgender Equality, is 41 percent, which vastly exceeds the 4.6 percent of the overall U.S. population who report a lifetime

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...XQYBQI&usg=AFQjCNGEIyi7eVBvF_F0LycsJIVtqRlrcw

You're ticklish?

like disturbingly so. most girls I've slept with have discovered that my back is absurdly sensitive to light touches and can basically turn me into putty

it's like one step below tickling because I hate being tickled but when they do it right it's the most intense feeling in the world

So you can factor in the perception of 'being disowned by your parents' in suicide rates.

It's good to know it's chartable. Where is that chart?
FYSA it's not a perception. trans kids get disowned by their god fearing christian parents quite often

FYSA it's not a perception. trans kids get disowned by their god fearing christian parents quite often
I know. This crap exists everywhere. Unapproved of relationships, career choices, sexuality, lots of stupidity.

There can be a relationship, but it's not the sole cause. The whole 'correlation doesn't = causation' comes to mind.

I know. This crap exists everywhere. Unapproved of relationships, career choices, sexuality, lots of stupidity.

There can be a relationship, but it's not the sole cause. The whole 'correlation doesn't = causation' comes to mind.
I think you are underestimating a perceived "sexual deviation" Becoming a mechanic instead of a doctor doesn't get kids disowned near as much as being trans or homosexual. In fact the only people I know who were 'disowned' by family members were because something they did went against a religion. Fortunately no one I personally know were let down by parents, but uncles, aunts, grandparents etc have disowned friends of mine for being gay or similar.

what? I'm not sure how that relates to trans kids being disowned

a parent being disappointed that a kid became a mechanic instead of a lawyer is not the same as a parent disowning their child and kicking them out of the house simply for how they were born

• Gravy
Reactions: helenabear