How much are you bills each month.. how does it compare to your monthly income?

Coqui said:
Larger companies are more likely to do the trash thing. They just don't care.

And everyone does the walk through and year warrantte, but that doesn't mean they don't make youre life a living hell during that warranty. I rarely hear about people who were happy with their builders.

Well there are many items within a home that are just not warrantable. Buyers are made aware of the items at contract. Also, many buyers viod warranties by their own stupidity. We make it VERY clear that if they hire their own contractors, we will not reimburse them the cost and they will void warranty on whatever item the contractor worked on. It's rarely our fault if a homeowner is unhappy with their warranties.

Bubbles said:
Well there are many items within a home that are just not warrantable. Buyers are made aware of the items at contract. Also, many buyers viod warranties by their own stupidity. We make it VERY clear that if they hire their own contractors, we will not reimburse them the cost and they will void warranty on whatever item the contractor worked on. It's rarely our fault if a homeowner is unhappy with their warranties.

The majority of complaints I've heard were about the handling of the craftsmanship on the house not the applicances.

Candy said:
They have these cool, new touch screen thermostats that work GREAT. They are prgrammable, so you set it to your schedule and never have to worry of you left it on while your now home. They are pricy (my COST is $122 so you could prob have a contractor install one for around $350) but well worth it. It's VERY easy to use.
Easy to install too, not worth paying someone else to do it :D

Coqui said:

And everyone does the walk through and year warrantte, but that doesn't mean they don't make youre life a living hell during that warranty. I rarely hear about people who were happy with their builders.

If we end up building our own house, my dad will be the electrician and I'll go off of his recommendations for the other contractors. It's really the only way to go anymore, yet so many people will simply take the cheapest and end up with a crappy job and wonder why.

Candy said:
Yeah, it costs WAY too much to run our household. I think I may have to sell the dogs... :fly:

Our bills should go down a little - it's the damn credit cards that are killers. From here on out it is CASH only.
How much did you spend on that bed, sheets, pillows, etc? :fly:

Coqui said:

The builders up in NH just don't care period, someone will buy the house - even if you don't want it. We wanted to be re-imbursed because the builder didn't put on a deck like there was in the drawings, he refused to close because he already had another buyer lined up to pay even more than our contracted price - but of course all the lighting and appliances that were in the house we had already paid for out of pocket :mad:

Bubbles said:
What kind of home builders are you guys dealing with? That's crazy. We don't seal pockets of trash in our houses or bury trash under the sod. Ever lot has it's own trash bin and the superintendents are responsible for sweeping out the houses once a week, or as needed. We do walk-thrus at the end of construction with the homeowners and generate a punch-out list. And we warranty everything for one year.

Fox and Jacobs built my parents' house.

ChikkenNoodul said:
The builders up in NH just don't care period, someone will buy the house - even if you don't want it. We wanted to be re-imbursed because the builder didn't put on a deck like there was in the drawings, he refused to close because he already had another buyer lined up to pay even more than our contracted price - but of course all the lighting and appliances that were in the house we had already paid for out of pocket :mad:
Wow, thats nice./

ChikkenNoodul said:
Easy to install too, not worth paying someone else to do it :D

Exactly; just be careful not to blow the transformer - that is one of the most common things we go out and fix after a homeowner has tried to install their own. Crossing wires or something.... Some people are just not technically inclined I guess, even tho you need very little electrical knowledge to install one. :tard: